We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: CGS Snowdrop Event  (Read 5131 times)

Ding Dong

Re: CGS Snowdrop Event
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2013, 01:38:13 PM »
Over the years it has just been more and more dumbed down, they have alienated most real gardeners. It's the same thing every week, dig a hole and put a plant in!!! Geoff Hamilton must be spinning in his grave!!!
Owner of the world's angriest geese - with scars to prove it! Works for Avon Bulbs

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: CGS Snowdrop Event
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2013, 07:21:55 AM »
Does anyone know the name of the man running the plant stall at Kingston Bagpuize on the CGS day?

To answer my own question, I have just seen that a plant I bought there is labelled Steventon Road Nurseries and a quick search of the web reveals "Steventon Road Nurseries, East Hanney, Wantage - Classic, rare and unusual perennials, grasses and bulbs - Contact: John Graham".  The plant I bought was Synthrys missurica stellata.  It was in flower when I bought it in February and still has just a few flowers left at the top the flower spikes.
Almost in Scotland.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal