We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: A fine young man, lost to us.  (Read 9056 times)

chasw

• Another passion
    • mini40register
Re: A fine young man, lost to us.
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2012, 10:21:48 PM »
My copy has also arrived from Katherine,and how pleased I was to receive it
Chas Whight in Northamptonshire

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Remembering Davd Quinton: Memorial Charity Bike Ride
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2013, 10:42:06 PM »
Remembering Davd Quinton:  David Quinton Memorial Charity Bike Ride

Friends, we have received this message from Katherine Quinton - please consider giving some support to this venture by David's friends and Katherine's  participation in the "RAce for Life" too, via the donation page of Andrew and Nigel- http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/fundraise/fundraising-pages/david-quintons-life-cycle-ride

Katherine's message:

Dear All

Sadly it has been nearly a year since David passed away.  To commemorate this, one of David’s best friends, Andrew Butcher and his brother Nigel Butcher are doing a memorial bike ride on Sunday 23rd June to raise funds directly for Oesophageal Cancer Research.

The bike ride will be approximately 50 miles in and around the Cambridge area, and will take in places of significance to David’s life, such as his primary and secondary schools, football clubs that he played for, places of residence etc.

We would really appreciate your support for this worthy cause, however small.

After his initial diagnosis David was always dismayed that funding never really reached the lower profile cancers, so to be able to have the money donated go directly to trials for new drugs and early diagnosis methods for oesophageal cancer would have pleased David.

You can sponsor Andy and Nigel via their fund raising page, or if you prefer, I have a paper copy that you can sign if I am likely to see you over the next few weeks:

http://myprojects.cancerresearchuk.org/fundraise/fundraising-pages/david-quintons-life-cycle-ride

Nearer the time of the bike ride we will be publishing the route that the ride will be taking and it is hoped that they will have a tracking facility on them, so that people can check on the web and then pop along to the specific points and cheer them on.

Thank you in advance for your kind donations. 

Please note that whilst I am certainly not fit enough to do a 50 mile bike ride, I will be doing the race for life with some of my work colleagues in July.  As we have been able to have the funds donated to the bike ride go directly to oesophageal cancer research, I would prefer that Andy and Nigel receive the sponsor money, so I will not be asking for further sponsors for the race for life :-)

Please feel free to pass this email on to others.

Katherine

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal