We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 1267 times)

Ant-k

« on: February 17, 2014, 08:59:25 PM »
Hello

I am pretty much a newbie in that I only got into galanthus about 3 years ago after  buying a primrose Warburg  off Avon bulbs..At the time I can remember how excited I was to have a 'yellow'snowdrop in my garden,especially when the following year it had multiplied into 4 more flowers.
I was looking for some interest in my small garden before my real passion of hostas start to grow and take over.
Galathus are perfect for growing around my hostas,but what I had not bargained for was how these little plants take hold of you!
Over the last couple of years I have managed to buy some of the 'Trym' family and a couple more 'yellows'..
After reading many topics on this forum i am now becoming quite obsessed by these little plants!
I look forward to reading many more articles and looking at all the great photos with much envy

Ant

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 09:15:37 PM »
Welcome to you, Ant.
Isn't it great that we can become utterly obsessed and addicted to plants - and it's all legal and no-one will lock us up for it? 
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 10:27:11 PM »
Welcome Ant, as you have pointed out hostas are a perfect partner for snowdrops.  Odd how they get hold of us isn't it?
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 10:51:15 PM »
Welcome to the obsession  8)
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

Si_33

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 11:28:11 PM »
Welcome Ant. As a fellow newbie, I can assure you you've signed up at a great place. Lots of knowledgable people here - so much to learn  :)

Mavers

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 08:12:58 AM »
It will become a lifelong passion Ant-k, welcome aboard.
Mike
Somerset, UK

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal