We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arisaema  (Read 4925 times)

Véronique Macrelle

Re: Arisaema
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 03:51:13 PM »
Well, I sniffed it conscientiously every day and I never felt anything!
 on the other hand my Dracunculus in the ground for 12 years, by 34 ° C felt at several meters :-\

Claire Cockcroft

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 05:24:53 PM »
Ah, yes, dracunculus.  I thought my neighbors weren't tending their garbage very well and was ready to chat with them when I realized it was a large clump of dracunculus in full bloom in MY garden!
...Claire
Claire Cockcroft
Bellevue, Washington, USA  Zone 7-8

Roma

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 03:29:30 PM »
Is this Arisaema consanguineum?Pictures I have seen look paler green and with more noticeable stripes.

Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

Philip Walker

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 04:02:45 PM »
Arisaema franchetianum

AnJo11

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2019, 10:43:50 AM »
I have sown the self fecondated seeds produced in only one single flower of arisaema flavum, to test their fertility ....(they are supposed to be self-sterile no?)
that's OK :

new seeds soon...

soon seeds of arum hygrophillum:
https://i18.servimg.com/u/f18/20/06/36/34/20190939.jpg[/img]

there is something, probably an animal, that carries the fruit of pinellia pedatisecta, I find it sprouting in pots everywhere ... but I can not find it in the ground.
I had sowed in a box, but I do not need to do any more ...

Véronique Macrelle

« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2019, 06:27:47 AM »
Arum hygrophillum is very nice!
AnJo, are you "Plantafou" of ¨Plante Passion forum ?

Roma: the leaves of my Arisaema consanguineum are very similar to those in your photo.
 I have 2 different individuals, one with a marbled stem and the other not.
 they have not bloomed yet.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2019, 01:24:37 PM »
I had bought Arisaema bockii from Estonia, and it turned out to be a strong growing Arisaema, very good. Flowers are not so spectacular, but I like it anyway. It is a good foliage plant.
First picture is of it flowering in June, close to Primula sieboldii.
In August it has red fruits, and the last picture is from a bed where it is growing.
Leena from south of Finland

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2019, 06:57:16 PM »
Is this Arisaema consanguineum?Pictures I have seen look paler green and with more noticeable stripes.

I didn't look here in a while Roma, yes it is consanguineum. There are various clones going around and one is this with narrow leaflets.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Gabriela

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2019, 07:01:18 PM »
I have sown the self fecondated seeds produced in only one single flower of arisaema flavum, to test their fertility ....(they are supposed to be self-sterile no?)
that's OK :

Arisaema flavum is not self-sterie AnJo; it produces fruits regularly and it is one of the easiest Arisaema to grow from seeds.

On the other hand, Pinellia pedatisecta is a sort of a weed (self seeds and also produces bulbils on the leaves axiles).
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5

Gabriela

« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2019, 07:06:19 PM »
I had bought Arisaema bockii from Estonia, and it turned out to be a strong growing Arisaema, very good. Flowers are not so spectacular, but I like it anyway. It is a good foliage plant.
First picture is of it flowering in June, close to Primula sieboldii.
In August it has red fruits, and the last picture is from a bed where it is growing.

Another beautiful scenery from your woodland garden Leena!
I am not familiar with this species but it seems that goes by the synonym A. engleri. Various websites show it with 5-7 leaflets (pedatisect).
In Flora of China - it is kept as A. bockii, the same description for the leaves with the fruit said to be yellow (?).

Maybe others can tell more about it.

Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2019, 07:55:04 AM »
Thanks Gabriela. :)

This Arisaema was bought from Sulev Savisaar, Estonia in 2016 and his catalogue said about it in Estonian:
Arisaema amurense 'Bockii', amuuri tulivõhk ’Bockii’. Moskva Peabotaanikaaed on alates umbes aastast 1993 maailmas seemnevahetuse teel levitanud eksitava Arisaema bockii nime all seemneid, mis tegelikult pole ehtne Hiinas Sitšuanis kasvav (Arisaema yunnanense varieeruvuse piiresse kuuluv) liik, vaid hoopis amuuri tulivõhk. Selle amuuri tulivõha erilise vormi tähistamiseks olen ta ristinud sordiks ’Bockii’. Minu aias on ta amuuri tulivõha variantidest kõige ilusam. Tema tumepurpurne õisiku kandeleht on roheliste vöötidega. Kuna õisikuvars on lühem leherootsudest (ehtsal A. bockii’l vastupidi!), siis kipuvad kaunid õisiku kandelehed mais ja juunis jääma lehtede varju. Lehestiku kõrgus aias ulatub juulikuu keskel 70 cm, vilikond vaid 40 cm kõrguseni. Tulivõhad eelistavad aias niisket, kuid vett hästi läbilaskvat huumusrikast neutraalset kuni happelist mulda ning poolvarjulist kasvukohta.
With google translate it is:
Arisaema amurense 'Bockii', Amur fireball 'Bockii'. Since about 1993, the Moscow Botanical Garden has been distributing seeds under the misleading name of Arisaema bockii in the world, which is not, in fact, a genuine species (within the range of Arisaema yunnanense) growing in Sichuan, China, but the Amur fir. To celebrate the special form of this Amur fireflies, I have baptized them as 'Bockii'. In my garden, he is the most beautiful of the Amur fireflies. Its dark purple inflorescence bracts with green bands. Because the stalk of the inflorescence is shorter than the stalks (on the contrary, genuine A. bockii!), The beautiful inflorescence bracts in May and June tend to be shaded by leaves. The height of the foliage in the garden reaches 70 cm in the middle of July and the height of the foliage is only 40 cm. The fireflies prefer moist but water-permeable humus-rich neutral to acidic soil and semi-sheltered garden.

So actually I wrote the name wrong, it should have been A.amurense 'Bockii'. It has three leaflets like A.amurense, but it is bigger and somehow better plant than my other A.amurense. It is also very hardy.
Leena from south of Finland

Gabriela

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2019, 12:01:50 AM »
Thanks Leena. It is bigger than other A. amurense I've seen, for sure.

I understand the irony in naming it :) but a bit unfortunate choice because it can lead to confusions... impressive anyway.
A. triphyllum (the NA counterpart of A. amurense) can sometimes show up as a large form here, I don't know if the character would be transmitted through seeds, but worth trying.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal