We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Potterton - on the road!  (Read 871 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Potterton - on the road!
« on: March 05, 2015, 06:40:46 PM »
I think you will all know Potterton's Nursery - www.pottertons.co.uk (Now  open Tuesday to Sunday 10.00am to 4.00pm until October)-
I  thought I'd share this Tweet from Rob (who was cutting his grass earlier this week!!)

"Two talks coming up next week .... on Monday 9 March I will be testing the knowledge of the East Lancashire AGS group with my "Nursery Challenge" start 7.45pm at Ramsbottom Civic Hall, Market Place.

And on Tuesday evening I will be the one that's challenged giving a talk to the ladies of the Cleethorpes Inner Wheel, suspect members only, at Waltham Windmill Golf Club."

PHOTOGRAPH: Saxifraga 'Slzy Coventry'
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Mike Ireland

• Erinacea anthyllis
    • Mike Ireland's Alpine Garden
Re: Potterton - on the road!
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2015, 02:13:43 PM »

And on Tuesday evening I will be the one that's challenged giving a talk to the ladies of the Cleethorpes Inner Wheel, suspect members only, at Waltham Windmill Golf Club."

(Attachment Link)
PHOTOGRAPH: Saxifraga 'Slzy Coventry'

The ladies of the Cleethorpes Inner Wheel (Gwen Phillips was a founder member) will feed Rob before he gives his talk. Generally a real good feast.
How do you perform on a full tum Rob?
Mike
Humberston
N E Lincolnshire

Rob Potterton

• humble, down-trodden nurseryman!!
    • Pottertons Nursery
Re: Potterton - on the road!
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2015, 10:43:42 PM »
The talk this evening was dedicated to Phil & Gwen Phillips and went very well, even on a full tum  :P  Thanks to the lovely ladies of the Cleethorpes Inner Wheel, here part of the audience.
Rob Potterton  Lincolnshire  UK

Potterton's on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pottertons-Nursery/130403187026232

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal