We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Some news from Devon  (Read 912 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Some news from Devon
« on: March 04, 2015, 02:10:51 PM »
  Helen Brown of LittleAsh  in Devon has shared some great news about the success gained by opening her garden  in Devon for the NGS - just look at the amount  visitors to the garden of Helen and her husband Brian have raised for charity

Ten thousand pounds! How marvelous is that for the good causes supported?  8) 8)

And also from  Helen - a date for your diary : if you are in the South West of England on 28th March  don't miss the AGS Exeter Show,   West Exe Technology College, Hatherleigh Road,  Exeter EX9 2JU
Sales from 10am  Show opens Noon

« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:10:40 AM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Some news from Devon
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 04:42:09 PM »
Had I known about the garden opening I would have gone.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 05:25:40 PM »
They've got  Sun 31 May and  Sun 16 Aug (1.30-5.30) this year too, David - and are game for group visits of ten or more  if pre-arranged - maybe something for your local group?

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2015, 08:32:32 AM »
They've got  Sun 31 May and  Sun 16 Aug (1.30-5.30) this year too, David - and are game for group visits of ten or more  if pre-arranged - maybe something for your local group?

I'll have to find out where Little Ash is, Devon is a big county. Not as big as Yorkshire of course ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2015, 10:09:37 AM »
I'll have to find out where Little Ash is, Devon is a big county. Not as big as Yorkshire of course ;D

David, there are hyper links in  my first post  to both the Little Ash site and their page on the NGS site - they're in a different colour - I'll go now to make them more obvious. Meantime,  you need to be looking for this in your map .....  Fenny Bridges,  Honiton,  Devon  EX14 3BL 

chasw

• Another passion
    • mini40register
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2015, 10:42:10 AM »
Wow.............Congratulations to Helen what a a fantastic total
Chas Whight in Northamptonshire

Tim Ingram

• Umbels amongst others
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:54 AM »
Here is something nice that you get from the NGS after opening a Garden for 20 years - a personalised trowel. We've probably opened now for 25 plus years and there have been ups and some downs in the garden, some brilliant weather and days of pelting rain and freezing wind, but it has always been enjoyable meeting people and sharing the garden and I would recommend anyone, especially those with smaller gardens that are much easier for most of us to relate to, to consider doing the same. We have had Gold medals too from the RHS for displays (associated with the Kent HPS) but the trowel somehow fits perfectly with a garden. Quite a few members of our AGS and HPS Groups also open their gardens for the NGS which creates some friendly rivalry!

Look forward to travelling to the Exeter AGS Show this year.
Dr. Timothy John Ingram. Nurseryman & gardener with strong interest in plants of Mediterranean-type climates and dryland alpines. Garden in Kent, UK. www.coptonash.plus.com

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 02:59:26 PM »
David, there are hyper links in  my first post  to both the Little Ash site and their page on the NGS site - they're in a different colour - I'll go now to make them more obvious. Meantime,  you need to be looking for this in your map .....  Fenny Bridges,  Honiton,  Devon  EX14 3BL

Thanks for that Maggi I now realise that I've passed it many times.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 03:01:51 PM »

Look forward to travelling to the Exeter AGS Show this year.

Look forward to seeing you Tim. I'm doing my usual chore, i/c the Member's Plant Stall and will be on duty from 0800.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal