We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus August 2015  (Read 6372 times)

annew

• Daff as a brush
    • Dryad Nursery: Bulbs and Botanic Cards
Re: Galanthus August 2015
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2015, 10:11:12 AM »
The charming - and generous - Anne W sent me seed a couple of years ago of Galanthus 'Primrose Warburg.' A very few germinated last year in the winter and I was thrilled with that because three possibles have much hope attached. However, this winter, even though the seeds were the same age and sown on the same day in the same pot, all the rest (17) are up over this last week. Most are bright green but some have pale green almost yellowish foliage (just the first leaves of course). I hope this may suggest that those ones may have yellow markings. :)
Fingers crossed, Lesley!
MINIONS! I need more minions!
Anne Wright, Dryad Nursery, Yorkshire, England

www.dryad-home.co.uk

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2015, 12:56:45 AM »
Indeed they are Anne. :D We're told it's spring now. The garden is full of super little things like narcissi, cyclamen, irises, primroses and other species of Primula. The witch hazels are nearly finished as are the snowdrops BUT the temperatures here in the south are dropping again, down to 4C today and sleet in the air. Winter doesn't seem to be over but I'M OVER IT! >:(
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

melager

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2015, 09:54:30 AM »
now now Leslie I want some more cold days to get some more chilling for my seeds that I have just sown ;D ;D

melager

« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2015, 09:58:24 AM »
Very nice Dave, I am just starting to realize the huge variation in galanthus and they are lovely

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal