We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Joze Bavcon Snowdrop in Slovenia Book  (Read 1429 times)

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
  • General gardener & Galanthophile
Joze Bavcon Snowdrop in Slovenia Book
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:31:45 AM »
Emma's recent survey on another forum showed that Joze Bavcon's book 'Common Snowdrop in Slovenia' has few owners amongst our esteemed community.

I ordered a copy that arrived on the Ljubljana Express a few days ago!

It is a fantastic book, crammed with superb photos, excellent information on snowdrop variation, the history of snowdrops in Slovenia, pollination and a host of other fascinating stuff.

I heartily recommend getting a copy from:

http://www.botanic-gardens-ljubljana.com/de/common-snowdrop-galanthus-nivalis-l-in-slovenia

Health Warning: When you have seen the pictures, you will be hooked!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Joze Bavcon Snowdrop in Slovenia Book
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:13:58 AM »
Jože Bavcon is  very well-known and regarded  in snowdrop circles so this book should be good!  And  this book is in Slovenian and English - a boon!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Joze Bavcon Snowdrop in Slovenia Book
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 05:50:40 PM »
I have the book "Common Snowdrop and Its Diversity in Slovenia" by Jože Bavcon.  The cover shows a more usual example of Galanthus nivalis although the blue background is the same.  I bought my book two (?) years ago when Joe Sharman was selling copies.  I presume it is an earlier edition of the one recently purchased by Ingrid; I wonder how much the later edition has been revised?
Almost in Scotland.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal