We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Trillium grandiflorum ?  (Read 2834 times)

Gabriela

• Never enough Gentiana...
Re: Trillium grandiflorum ?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2018, 04:32:32 PM »
(Pseudo)Trillium rivale is probably the easiest species from seed here. Fresh seed sown at capsule dehiscence reliably produces strong seedlings the following Spring and flowering plants within 3 years. It grows well in a trough in a cool location (north side of a wall) but can be swamped in the open garden. It’s a bonny wee thing that comes in a few different flavours including vanilla and crushed raspberry sorbet.  ;)

Wow Steve. All these 'flavours' are so delicious!
I never try it, same as Leena, thought may not be hardy here.
Gabriela
Ontario, zone 5
http://botanicallyinclined.org/

Véronique Macrelle

Re: Trillium grandiflorum ?
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2018, 10:51:19 AM »
 in zone 7, T rivale [/ i] resist?

a little discouraged by the fact that T. grandiflorum [/ i] still germs badly .. I ordered one: the one with double flower. (accompanied by a T. lutea, and some Arisaema).
I usually prefer to sow for a question of adaptability of the plants and of course it is cheaper (although, it is only when it works ..)

I would like the simple too, but I will bet on my little seedling anyway (in 6 years?) 8)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal