We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Chat Digression from the thread: Mount Botev, Bulgaria  (Read 3707 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Digression from this thread: Mount Botev, Bulgaria, June 14th 2009
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2009, 04:19:56 PM »
We could always stage an Armageddon Alpine Away Day, Robin ... no need to be gloomy, it's not the end of the world!

Morning activities - Sowing seeds, Propagation Workshop, Looking at new introductions
Afternoon lecture - 'Looking Ahead' with Robert Rolfe (that should delay things a bit)
Evening activities - Garden visits and sky watching. Happy eternity in the bar

I do take your point about getting Robert to speak to delay the end of the world, Cliff.... but I think our Forum get-together speakers ought to have had some Forum connection, so I nominate Panayoti Kelaidis, a cheery soul that could surely take our mind off impending  doom and most likely charm any Gods listening and persuade them to a lenient intervention?  ::) 8) ;D

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 04:29:59 PM »
A number of us are coming to  the 2009 SRGC Discussion weekend and staying over an extra night for a Forum Fest, Robin....... you could think of that...... and I don't doubt in the course of conversation we'll all manage to put the world to rights!  ;D

Thanks for the idea Maggi, I'll keep it in mind, never quite know where we'll be but if there's a chance I'll take it  :)
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 07:55:11 PM »
I humbly suggest Mount Botev, Bulgaria, June 14th 2011 at 9.30am ... I'll bring sausage rolls, toffee ice cream and dancing girls (and Brian Smethurst, I suppose).  Could the first ones there please turn on the lights, mow the grass and erect the chocolate fountain?
Maggi will be carried in on a ceremonial chair and will officially open the proceedings by declaring; "Chocs away"!

Anybody good on the fiddle?   Grin

You will need a few Politicians and a Bank Manager for that. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2009, 09:48:14 PM »
Well, it seems the venue is up for discussion but I'll go with the date 14th July 2011 meantime, eh?  ;D

Well perhaps Paul's suggestion of a southern mountain is a good one for those in the southern half. We could arrange video links etc so we're all together in effect. That way, I could bring Teddy too. Fermi and Otto may still be in the north.

I don't see why we have to involve politicians at all actually. There's not one that I'd want much to do with. Some nasties around here lately too. They'd only spoil the fun one way or another.

If it's Mt Cook Paul, you'll need to save for extra woolly woollies for July.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 09:52:57 PM by Lesley Cox »
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2009, 07:21:01 PM »
my, this thread did go a little astray...lol
nonetheless, chris, the plants on the rock were really nice,especially the saxes!

Rodger Whitlock

• overly well-read
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2009, 07:46:31 PM »
I don't see why we have to involve politicians at all actually. There's not one that I'd want much to do with. Some nasties around here lately too. They'd only spoil the fun one way or another.

Think "barbecued liar", Lesley. I'm sure if they're marinated in the right stuff for long enogh, they'd be quite edible, perhaps even tasty. After all, some people think bears' paws are a delicacy when so treated.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

Hristo

« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2009, 11:27:56 AM »
Yes Cohan, off we go at tangents, only myself to blame, oh piffle!! Mnay thanks for reading bud!
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: Chat Digression from the thread: Mount Botev, Bulgaria
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2009, 08:53:28 PM »
lol--nothing wrong with tangents ;) its the difference between a technical journal and an informative discussion among friends..

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal