We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: CNB MID-WINTER-FLOWERSHOW LISSE 2010  (Read 6436 times)

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
Re: CNB MID-WINTER-FLOWERSHOW LISSE 2010
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2010, 07:07:35 PM »
Maggi, not every year is the quality the same. This is depending on many factors during growing season, etc.
This year the quality of (tulips) is very good and last year there were many entries with so called new, but not better varieties.

About the women, there are some LADY bulb growers in Holland, but I was there during lunch time, so most of them were in the kitchen, I think  ;D ;D ;D
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2010, 07:18:40 PM »
About the women, there are some LADY bulb growers in Holland, but I was there during lunch time, so most of them were in the kitchen, I think
Nice to see that they know their place  ;D  OOOOUCH!

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2010, 07:19:04 PM »
You take your life in your hands Luit, I think you are very brave. You too Michael ;D
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2010, 08:23:56 PM »
Hmmmm.... I think I do have the telephone number for Vroni, at least...... ::)
.... it sounds like Mrs Campbell has already "spoken" to Michael.... ;)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »

Hmmmm.... I think I do have the telephone number for Vroni, at least...... ::)

Peep, peep, peep, peep, peep.....
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »
Some wonderful things there Luit, quite a marathon for you, taking the pictures then posting them all. I have to say though, that for me, the best of all is Iris planifolia.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 10:30:06 AM »
Great plants and they are extra nice to see now when it is a bit great and cold here.

Hope these will come into trade. I really enjoy the anemones and here in Portugal they do very well with very little effort so great garden plants.

Love the Amaryllis so holiday happy for me.

Thanks for Your efforts to bring colour and Joy You to all of Us.

Kind Regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 10:35:55 AM »
You got it in one. ;D
Problem is in overpopulation. The Earth isn't place for 6 billions of so gigantic ants as human. Global warming is reality, but may be it delays next ice age.
Janis
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 10:15:22 AM »
Janis, you have hit the nail on the head - the problems we have are mostly due to overpopulation and concentration of populations - this subject still seems to be a 'no no' to all governments who rely on votes. The 'Global Warming' bandwagon is the way of making everyone feel guilty for not playing their part and simply destroying the planet for future generations - what sort of message is that to our school children who are being indoctrinated to think it will be their fault?

Government, Industry and individuals should play a part controlling the pollution we all cause in one way or another - maybe 'Good Husbandry' is a more positive way of looking at the world in which we live and benefit from. Re-cycling materials was always around until the birth of processed foods and wasteful and unnecessary packaging which, once again is virtually unchallenged by the government......perhaps this should have gone in 'moan,moan,moan...'
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 10:25:52 AM by Ragged Robin »
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

Ragged Robin

• cogent commentator
  • in search of all things wild and wonderful
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 10:34:17 AM »
Luit, your fabulous photographic record of the January Lisse  Flowershow is throughly heart warming with so many colourful and elegant displays to dream about when walking in the snowy Alps, thank you so much.  Every exhibit is so obviously filled with the passion of the grower and it's hard to choose a favourite from such a high performance standard and range .... but the Ranunculus are very beautiful.  8)
Valais, Switzerland - 1,200 metres - Continental climate - rocks and moraine

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 12:59:10 PM »
Thanks for continuing this great thread into 2010 Luit 8)

Why don't we hear anything about the Global Warming these days?? Grin Grin Grin

Because it is one big scam, the global temp has been static for the last ten years. :)

PC-baiting can be great fun ;D but I think it’s important to remember that Climate Change ‘scepticism’/denial is inconsistent with a huge, diverse and steadily growing body of scientific evidence.  In that sense CC scepticism can be regarded as a ‘belief’ so maybe is best avoided here, like religion & politics, in the interests of our diverse Forum community :)
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 06:41:17 AM »
Luit,
thanks for these wonderful pics. The Dutch will long hold the title of "Bulb Masters" (though there is someone in Latvia who might challenge that! ;D )
I look forward to more of our reports from these shows throughout 2010 - I can never see too many!
cheers
fermi
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal