We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: unknown Colchicum  (Read 1119 times)

wooden shoe

unknown Colchicum
« on: January 13, 2010, 08:49:25 PM »
2 years ago I bought a package of Colchicum from a Dutch trader, as several unnamed types. The type Pk are from an old Dutch garden.
Would anybody know what they are? Sure most them are cultivars, but there might be some species between them. Any of the names that I have given them are just what I thought what they looked like. Unfortunately I don't have more information about it.

Thanks,
Rob
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: unknown Colchicum
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2010, 09:25:28 PM »
There are many Colchicum growers who can help you more reliably than I so I won't try to name any except perhaps the double pink could be 'Waterlily.'

What amazes me though is the great variety you received in this packet of un-named forms. Usually such a packet would contain two or at most three different forms, of the commonest varieties. These are a great "starter" pack for someone wanting to grow colchicums. :D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

wooden shoe

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 07:06:12 PM »
Thank you Lesley,
I suppose it is 'Waterlily'. At least that's one identified.
Rob

wooden shoe

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2010, 10:10:48 PM »
Maybe I have solved one myself. Would the 'type PK' perhaps be Colchicum bornmuelleri?
Any Colchicum experts who could help me out?

Thanks,
Rob

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal