We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Who is the "BD" and why?  (Read 3240 times)

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
Re: Who is the "BD" and why?
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2010, 03:22:44 PM »
Excellent!!  I hadn't looked through those threads before, most interesting, and found the photos of you and Panayoti. As an aside, love the Impartiens repens that Mark S posted.

Now back to the BD, he does look jazzy in that foot gear. But I must say silly me, all this time I thought one had to wear matching color socks... who knew??? :o

On that note, I'm getting ready for my every-other-day 5-miler, on this cool, cloudy, drizzly, misty, foggy morning (sound familiar to you UK folks ;D), the question is, should I try bright-color mismatched socks as a possible running performance enhancement?  It's worth a try.

By the way, how does the BD feel about onions, or does his despotism mostly reign supreme over Erythronium?
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »
He's very fond of onions.... on the table and growing with flowers.... :) 
erythroniums are just at the very top of his tree , though!

It used to be tough to find brightly patterned socks and Ian loves colour, so he started mixing plain socks of brighter shades to cheer himself up... now he gets the brightest available, patterned or plain and always mixes them!  At least i f he gets run over by a bus and rendered otherwise unrecognisable, I'll be able to claim the body because of the socks........ ::)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2010, 04:36:16 PM »
It used to be tough to find brightly patterned socks and Ian loves colour, so he started mixing plain socks of brighter shades to cheer himself up... now he gets the brightest available, patterned or plain and always mixes them!  At least i f he gets run over by a bus and rendered otherwise unrecognisable, I'll be able to claim the body because of the socks........ ::)

After the initial chuckle... heaven forbid!
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal