We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Romulea 2012  (Read 1962 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: Romulea 2012
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2012, 05:36:29 PM »
I've sown and lost macowanii twice but, not to be deterred I sowed another batch in May 2011. I haven't watered the summer growers yet but time will tell!

I have two batches of camerooniana after loosing two previous sowings. One sown October 2010, the other August 2011 on none of my sowing occasions did I realise they were summer growers so Heaven only knows what's happened to them, I'll have to find them.

I have one batch of namaquensis sown May 2011, again they are with my summer growers in the garage not watered yet.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

ronm

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2012, 05:48:38 PM »
I see. Thank you David.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2012, 09:38:08 PM »
A slightly immature flower and more to come but as I'm likely to be away from home for most of next week I didn't want to waste a photo opportunity.

From Michael-Romulea bulbocodium

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Ezeiza

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2012, 09:49:05 PM »
True R. namaquensis is a summer dormant species.
Alberto Castillo, in south America, near buenos Aires, Argentina.

Rogan

• Beetle daisy
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
I enjoy repotting my Romulea species (fondly known as my Romuleans!); they have such interesting 'bulbs'. I also discovered that I have two nearly mature R. hantamensis bulbs after many years of careful cultivation from seed; hopefully they will flower soon as it is such a striking species - has anyone flowered this one before?
Rogan Roth, near Swellendam, Western Cape, SA
Warm temperate climate - zone 10-ish

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2012, 06:39:23 PM »
Flowered it Rogan? I hadn't even heard of it. I looked it up in Goldblatt, Manning and Snijman and it's very pretty. The flower shape in the picture I saw made it look a bit like the trochopteranthum of the Romulea world.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b

ronm

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2012, 06:41:27 PM »
I'm running off back to my Fritss!!! :'( :'(

PeterT

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »
I'm running off back to my Fritss!!! :'( :'(
The Rhinopetalums Ron??  ;)  ;D
living near Stranraer, Scotland. Gardening in the West of Scotland.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal