We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Good Rock Gardens situated in Botanical Gardens  (Read 1810 times)

shelagh

• Black Pudding Girl
Good Rock Gardens situated in Botanical Gardens
« on: August 23, 2007, 07:10:51 AM »
Whilst reading postings about other things I came across Carlo's link to www.botanicalgardening.com amongst other fascinating topics he lists what he rates as good rock/alpine gardens inside Botanical gardens and mentions the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx.

I dragged a nonalpine friend there whilst we were on a shop till you drop visit a couple of years ago. It is terrific and I thoroughly enjoyed it, in fact I used up several memory cards there so I will try and dig up the pictures.

It set me thinking that between us we must be able to add to his list with the most mouthwatering gardens we have visited, after all when we are not growing or pursuing alpines in the wild most of us take the opportunity to visit good gardens don't we?

Shelagh
Shelagh, Bury, Lancs.

"There's this idea that women my age should fade away. Bugger that." Baroness Trumpington

Carlo

• BirdMan and Botanical Blogger
    • BotanicalGardening.com
Re: Good Rock Gardens situated in Botanical Gardens
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 12:31:28 PM »
Thanks for mentioning the list Shelagh.

I am very happy to expand it...and there are so many gardens I have not visited. Any suggestions anyone? All I ask is that the garden be public AND that you provide me with a little information (similar to what's given for the others...).

Carlo A. Balistrieri
Vice President
The Garden Conservancy
Zone 6

Twitter: @botanicalgarden
Visit: www.botanicalgardening.com and its BGBlog, http://botanicalgardening.com/serendipity/index.php

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal