We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Corydalis 2012  (Read 13895 times)

winwen

Re: Corydalis 2012
« Reply #105 on: May 18, 2012, 08:25:43 AM »
rare Corydalis ussuriensis North Korea
I am a bit color-blind (red-green), nevertheless this C. ussuriensis looks quite pinkish to me, doesn't it?
Didn't know that Corydalis ussuriensis extends to North Korea. All earlier references are pointing to Kedrovaya padj-nature reserve near Vladiwostok.
Vienna/Austria (USDA Zone 7b)

winwen

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2012, 08:40:18 AM »
rare Corydalis ussuriensis North Korea
Is C. ussuriensis pink colored in North Korea?
I have always the clear blue bladdery and broad-lipped flowers in mind, shown on Liden's and Zetterlund's Monography.
The flowers should be well poised too - I think.

A really gorgeous plant  :o
I always wished to have these in my garden since I first saw it on the cover of the Corydalis-Monography.
If a good fairy came and granted me two plants I wish to cultivate, I would wish for Lilium gloriosoides and Corydalis ussuriensis.
Vienna/Austria (USDA Zone 7b)

Jan

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
Yes, C.ussuriensis is blue in color, more rarely pink and very little white form. I will write more tomorrow.

Jan

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2012, 10:34:10 PM »
There are 3 tipes of not so well known Corydalis are growing In Russian Far East
Corydalis vorobievii, with 20cm of height, with a small tuber - azure blue color.
Corydalis woroshilowii, it is a huge plant with height - 25cm. with a big amount of flowers. Up to 200 flowers with  azure blue color.
Corydalis ussuriensis, it is a plant with a big tuber, the height is around 20cm. with few large flowers. up to 10 flowers, 3 times more than C.ambigua has with azure blue color.
The difference between Corydalis from Far East and others is that it has a large flowers and  It has round or oval box with seeds.
There is  Corydalis ussuriensis is growing in North Korea with pink or very rare white color.
All 3 Corydalis are growing in Europe without the problem. it can stand up to -40C
There is also interesting Corydalis repens is growing in North Korea, large plant with the different form and color of leaves. The colors are white, pink and blue

WimB

• always digs deeper...
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2012, 11:59:34 AM »
Those are very beautiful Corydalis, Jan! Wonderful!
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Flemish Rock Garden society (VRV): http://www.vrvforum.be/
Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

ChrisD

« Reply #110 on: May 30, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »
Thanks to everyone who has posted on this thread, it has been an inspiration. Lovely photos of some superb plants - Great.

Chris
Letchworth Garden City, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal