We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Nepal Himalaya Botanical Trek  (Read 1501 times)

stable_mountain

Nepal Himalaya Botanical Trek
« on: April 19, 2009, 10:19:36 AM »
I would like to introduce myself for the possibility of botanical research/photography   in Nepal Himalayan national parks and wildlife reserves. Our Company Botanical Treks & Excursion has been doing such exploratory trip in the Himalayas in co-ordination with local expert in the field of Botany.
If such programs is ideal for you  or want to know more about alpine plants of Nepal please  contact  us at info@botanicaltreks.com

For an exemplary  programs I would request you to visit our page at www.botanicaltreks.com/langtang_national_park_tour.php link no longer works

Warm Regards

BIJAY RAJ DEVKOTA
« Last Edit: December 29, 2009, 08:17:49 PM by Maggi Young »

Ewelina Wajgert

• My website
Re: Nepal Himalaya Botanical Trek
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »
Bijay,
What is the best month to visit this region?
Ewelina Wajgert, Cracow, Poland;
http://waja.strefa.pl

Paul E.

• Home is where the bog is
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:05:41 PM »
Hi Ewelina,
From my visit there I would recommend July/August as the best time, when the bulk of the alpines are in flower. Only problem is the wetness; it's very a very leech ridden period then during the monsoon. But as a plus, the lodges are usually all but empty.

To avoid the rains, then I'd say early June or late September are best then for that reason. There's still a lot to see! Are you considering a visit? I could recommend some good articles on the flora.
Paul - pursuing Himalayan alpines down at 2m above sea level

Ewelina Wajgert

• My website
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 02:02:35 PM »
Are you considering a visit? I could recommend some good articles on the flora.

Yes, Paul, I'd like to visit this region. But this year I have already occupied. I had to visit Ladakh in India but the situation was not stable and we have finally decided to go in the other direction. But I think I managed to go to China and perhaps Nepal next year, we see...
I want to see so much, but I have holiday in January or February (2 weeks) and July, August (2 months). So, I must fit my plans to this terms.
We had so beautiful offer to go to Ladakh and I don't know, if we have made good to gived it up.

Ewelina Wajgert, Cracow, Poland;
http://waja.strefa.pl

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal