We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Tropaeolum seeds  (Read 1030 times)

Natie

Tropaeolum seeds
« on: May 30, 2015, 09:30:36 AM »
Hi all!

Glad to be here on the forum! I must confess I'm a Tropaeolum addicted!

I am from Sweden but live in Papua New Guinea since 2010 up in the equatorial mountains at 1500 m (5500 ft)  equivalent to the Andes in Ecuador etc.

We are developing two demonstration gardens how to garden sustainably and preserve the soil in those mountains with torrential rains that cause unbelievable erosion... with native amazing edibles that are disappearing in the era of "Westernization" and replaced by cabbages and carrots.

However we all need a hobby. So those Tropaeolums have been fascinating me for a long time but only now could I start growing them so I only got T. majus Phoenix, T. peregrinum, two unidentified species from Sacred Succulents (not sown yet). And of course a couple common nasturtium hybrids.

So was hoping someone had some surplus to share to expand my small collection...

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Tropaeolum seeds
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2015, 06:26:31 PM »
Hello Natie,
 Nice to have you join us. Hope there's  a good seed set this  year so someone can help you.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Paul Cumbleton

• Pleione Wizard
    • The Pleione Website
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 03:22:35 PM »
Hi Natie,
I have just a few seeds of Tropaeolum azureum that I would be happy to send you. Send me a private message with your address details & I'll get them in the post

Cheers
Paul
Paul Cumbleton, Somerton, Somerset, U.K. Zone 8b (U.S. system plant hardiness zone)

I occasionally sell spare plants on ebay -
see http://ebay.eu/1n3uCgm

http://www.pleione.info/

Derry

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 09:46:22 PM »
i have just collected Tropaeolum polyphyllum seed.  Available on www.specialplants.net

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal