We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus seeds  (Read 1032 times)

kot

Galanthus seeds
« on: February 17, 2013, 07:23:30 PM »
I’m looking for Galanthus seeds. Maybe some of you, collectors, could collect for me the seeds of the kinds you have got? It would be good if the seeds were in the fruiting body at the moment of ripening. I am a biologist and I’m looking for new kinds of plants by the way of  seeding and selection. I will repay your kindness with seeds of the rare Juno, Hepatica, Helleborus, Lilium, Adonis, Eranthis.
If you are interested in such an exchange, please, send the moist Galanthus seeds, not too dry, with precise information about their kind.
Thank you in advance,
Regards,
kot

KentGardener

• SRGC OOAgent
  • Every day's a school day
Re: Galanthus seeds
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 01:44:04 AM »
...send the moist Galanthus seeds, not too dry, with precise information about their kind.

Dear Kot

Are you interested in seed that has been naturally crossed by bees between different varieties?  I would be able to send some seed pods to you - but I would only know the seed parent and have no idea of the pollen parent.  This would not be from species Galanthus but from named varieties. Is this what you are after?
John

John passed away in 2017 - his posts remain here in tribute to his friendship and contribution to the forum.

kot

Re: Galanthus seeds
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2013, 06:53:39 PM »
Dear KentGardener,
Thank you for your answer. I’m interested in the name of the kind of Galanthus that you collected seeds from. Perhaps you could tell me what kinds of Galanthus were blooming nearby.
Are you interested in growing plants from seeds? During the season I have a lot of fresh seeds that guarantee good germination. When I have them collected, I’ll send you the list of my seeds, so you’ll be able to choose what you want.  I’ve got really beautiful crosses of Scilla roseniix Scilla sibirica, rare kinds of Adonis, Ranunculus, Crocus. What kinds of plants do you like the most?
Regards,
kot

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal