We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus Fluff - Spikey  (Read 1205 times)

colineddie1

Galanthus Fluff - Spikey
« on: January 26, 2014, 11:33:32 AM »
I know I have put this in another part of the forum as a reply to posts already on but I thought I would put out a plea of my own.

There is a story behind wanting this particular bulb - basically my mum's cat passed away a couple of weeks ago and has a memorial in the garden - she was called fluff and mum saw the drop and wants it for the garden.  :'(

After speaking to someone at the show yesterday they said that spikey's are known to be difficult to grow as they tend to split down but I am ever a tryer.

If anyone out there has any at all to spare I am more than willing to pay and even travel to pick it up (I know this could be extremely expensive but I am trying my best). Harvey's don't have any left as this is the only supplier I found with it on their list but if anyone at all knows of any that are either up now or think they might be coming up in the next few weeks please get in touch  :)

Thank you so much for reading my post and taking your precious time over it - regards - Jane

The proud owner of 4 cats that love to shovel bulbs around the garden for fun!!

Palustris

Re: Galanthus Fluff - Spikey
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:32 PM »

emma T

• Famous original snowdrop hat lady
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 08:24:00 PM »
Try Avon Bulbs
Emma Thick Glasshouse horticulturalist And Galanthophile, keeper of 2 snowdrop crushing French bulldogs. I have small hands , makes my snowdrops look big :D

colineddie1

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 11:09:57 PM »
Try Avon Bulbs

Thanks Emma they don't have any left  :( but I will keep trying though any other suggestion gratefully followed up

Sorry that was Harvey's who don't have any left - didn't see it on Avon's list but willing to try anything once! - Thank You so much
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 10:34:12 PM by colineddie1 »
The proud owner of 4 cats that love to shovel bulbs around the garden for fun!!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal