We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arisaema 2014  (Read 3720 times)

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: Arisaema 2014
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2014, 02:24:27 AM »
Many thanks Pascal and Maggi.

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

pontus

« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2014, 08:04:01 AM »
Hello John,

I think that your large tuber is consanguineum, I have quite a few various forms of consanguineum, and I find that as the tubers get older and larger they start to look like yours in the picture....they also become more white i find...I will post a few pictures of mine next week as I have started to dig up dormant tubers and clean them up as well, some have had a huge increase in size this season, some even by 60%! :)

Pontus

pontus

« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2014, 11:12:22 AM »
I did not see the post above....my Taiwanense tuber that I used to have looked slightly different from yours, slightly longer and less round at the bottom...do you have  a picture of your unknown tuber in leaf? taiwanense is usually quite distinct from consanguineum in having thin "threads" or what they might be called...at the end of the leaves...(see pic of mine in bloom earlier)

Pontus

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2014, 11:43:19 PM »
I have to say we paid no attention to this Arisaema in leaf.  All we can tell you is the the stem had mottling but not as good as our othere taiwanensis.  The latter by the way are still very much in full foliage.  The tuber is indeed unusually flat on the bottom.  We'll post a pic next year of it in leaf and of consanguineum when we dig the tubers.

Thanks

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

SnowClock

« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2014, 12:11:58 PM »
I have got this nice Arisaema rhizomatum in flower here at the moment.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal