We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Exchanging Violas for Salvias  (Read 1353 times)

TomasR

Exchanging Violas for Salvias
« on: April 01, 2015, 08:23:59 PM »
I'm a member living in the south of Ireland.I grow a fair range of plants suitable in my climate.the rainfall would be approx 0.8 metre annually.
Minimum lowest temperature in Winter maybe -6 but an occasional -8 or -10.

I grow about 100 Salvia species and in those 100 there would be maybe 60 greggi,x jamensis and microphylla hybrids , cultivars . These are generally hardy to -8 to -10 in well drained soil.
I also grow about 25 Viola cornuta cultivars and I'm very interested in exchanging my young Salvias for some Salvias I have surplus of.
Looking at Elizabeth MacGregor's Viola list I do not have over 30 she stocks today.
Anyone interested in an exchange.
Come on you Scots there must be a lot of Violas growing around as Elisabeth Macgregor lives so close by.
Looking forward to hearing from you

My email address is
       tomas@roantree.com

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Exchanging Violas for Salvias
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 11:45:05 AM »
I know there are several forumists who are keen on Salvias, Tomas -  shortage of Viola growers, perhaps?  :-\
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

meanie

Re: Exchanging Violas for Salvias
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 07:53:47 PM »
I can't offer any Viola but I may have a few Salvia seeds that may interest you. PM me on this forum if you are interested. A couple of tasters;
S.dolichantha................

S.urica.............

West Oxon where it gets cold!

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal