We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Midland AGS Show 18th April 2015  (Read 815 times)

Jon Evans

• Snapaholic
Midland AGS Show 18th April 2015
« on: April 19, 2015, 06:38:51 PM »
Hi Everyone
I have posted some pictures from the Midland AGS Show at Knowle yesterday to the AGS website here:
http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/discussion/atshows/Midland+AGS+Show+/19898/

There were some wonderful plants there.  Now for my next job - preparing for the London Show next Sunday.  We have organised a mass running race finishing just up the road to add further excitement to the day  ;)
Jon Evans
Farnham, Surrey, UK

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Midland AGS Show 18th April 2015
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2015, 07:18:27 PM »
Thanks Jon, for the note about the Midland AGS show pix.

Cannot say I envy you the task of organising the London show - but I do not doubt that all will be well - have a great time!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 07:33:25 PM »
Many congratulations to Eric Jarrett for gaining the Farrer Medal for his Benthamiella patagonica F&W10111

Several  forumists and SRGC members  did well at the show -congratulations to them too - it would be lovely to hear from you about your plants - please don't be modest!

SJW

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 12:14:20 AM »
Hi Everyone
I have posted some pictures from the Midland AGS Show at Knowle yesterday to the AGS website here:
http://www.alpinegardensociety.net/discussion/atshows/Midland+AGS+Show+/19898/
Thanks for getting these up on the site so quickly, Jon. What a great set of photos!

Several  forumists and SRGC members  did well at the show -congratulations to them too - it would be lovely to hear from you about your plants - please don't be modest!
Maggi - despite Jon's kind comments, I do still feel like a bit of a one-trick pony at these shows; I'm going to have to branch out from cyclamen! Jon's photography makes a difference and really does the plants justice. Who'd a thought lachenalias could look so pretty? I'm particularly fond of the plain-leafed, C. rhodium peloponnesiacum with the darker flower. I'm not sure whether it's just natural variation or possibly the result of rogue repandum or vividum pollen because peloponnesiacum normally has paler flowers and marked leaves. I also entered another 1st generation ex CSE 92060 plant from the same sowing in the large pan class which had the more familiar speckled leaves with paler flowers (that one got a first as well :) ).
Steve Walters, West Yorkshire

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:10 AM »
Ian Instone has added some photos to the  AGS ' site Midland Show thread  - follow the link given by Jon, above

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal