We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Jeffersonia dubia  (Read 636 times)

P. Kohn

Jeffersonia dubia
« on: April 07, 2016, 03:46:16 PM »
Sorry, I still can't bring myself to call this plant Plagiorrhegma dubium.  Does anyone know how long this plant lives. Our plant started life in our first Sheffield garden more than thirty years ago. I think it might have been acquired from Jack Drake or possibly Edrom. It moved with us to Kerrachar, sitting in a pot for several years before we had the appropriate part of the garden ready and then travelled back to our new Shefield garden. I don't think it has increased in size for the last twenty years (and we haven't had the courage to try to divide it) but in its latest home it has set viable seed for the first time - or at least we have finally raised progeny and there were also self-sown seedlings last year though no sign of them reappearing (yet?) this year.

We also grow Jeffersonia diphylla which, thankfully, we dcan still call Jeffersonia. This also set promising seed but no germinations so far. I will post pictures once the J. dubia comes into flower,

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal