We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: June 2017 in the Northern Hemisphere  (Read 12839 times)

Roma

Re: June 2017 in the Northern Hemisphere
« Reply #105 on: June 26, 2017, 10:15:15 PM »
This Celmisia was looking good a couple of weeks ago
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #106 on: June 27, 2017, 05:27:07 PM »
Good clump Roma. I have one very similar to yours that I got from Gerd Stopp 4/5 year ago but far from as good a clump. Is your soil quite acid, min is fairly neutral?
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Roma

« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2017, 02:24:19 PM »
I think my soil is fairly acid, David.  I would have got my plant from work a long time ago.  It is easy to propagate.  Just pull a bit off and stick it in the ground.  It is time it was reduced in size.  This one or one similar can be seen as a cottage garden plant in this area, passed from neighbour to neighbour and nobody knows its name.  I have seen it growing well at Ballindalloch Castle and at Tilliepronie, both inland gardens which would get very cold in winter.
Roma Fiddes, near Aberdeen in north East Scotland.

ruweiss

« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2017, 10:07:35 PM »
The hot temperatures in June resulted in damages and losses of many coolness loving plants,
but plants from hot and dry regions enjoyed it.
Rudi Weiss,Waiblingen,southern Germany,
climate zone 8a,elevation 250 m

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal