We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Promotional Material from Joze Bavcon at the Botanic Garden of Ljubljana  (Read 1547 times)

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
  • General gardener & Galanthophile
Just received wonderful promotional material from Joze Bavcon at the Botanic Garden of Ljubljana (A rare marketing triumph concerning snowdrops).

Three small booklets on Snowdrops, Hellebores and Crocus. All three are gorgeous although the snowdrop book has added varieties to my wish list! Lovely photos and write ups on the main snowdrops they offer, including the beauty that is Rumenoglavi

Joze's snowdrops include some of the very best virescents and yellows. His book, 'Common Snowdrop in Slovenia' is one of the best I have read.

Well, worth getting his book and keeping an eye on his site in the season, the three booklets are also worth seeking out as well!

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Particularly interested in the Crocus diversity in Slovenia booklet.

What is the origin/meaning of 'Rumenoglavi' - do you know?  (Sounds like an ailment, while the drop is very pretty!!)
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
Particularly interested in the Crocus diversity in Slovenia booklet.

What is the origin/meaning of 'Rumenoglavi' - do you know?  (Sounds like an ailment, while the drop is very pretty!!)

The Crocus book has some lovely varieties Maggi. Rumenoglavi has a literal translation of Yellow-Green or Yellow Head. It is gorgeous! Joze has some really excellent drops and they are good garden plants.

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
I have heard from Joze Bavcon concerning the booklets. He is happy to post some to people. I am establishing which email address to use. I will post it as soon as I hear.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Thank you, Ingrid!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
For those wanting the booklets, please email Joze Bavcon on : joze.bavcon@guest.arnes.si

Good time to order his book as well!

Blonde Ingrid

• Journal Access Group
When you get your snowdrop booklet, check out pages 124, 128, 170...absolute beauties, so start reaching for your target lists!  :o :o :o

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal