We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Monksilver Nursery  (Read 1843 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Monksilver Nursery
« on: October 20, 2017, 10:59:27 PM »
Anyone know if this alleged nursery actually exists? It appears not to be capable of answering emails attempting to enquire about the plants it's alleged to sell. It's 'disaster area' Web Site has , for what is possibly aeons, a statement to say that "on-line purchasing will be available very soon".

Not a way to run a business in my view.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
Re: Monksilver Nursery
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 12:34:04 AM »
I have visited Monksilver Nursery on numerous occasions.  It is operated by Joe Sharman with help but I'm not sure how much; I think this has varied over time.  Joe is a bit of a technophobe so he won't be doing the web site personally.  You would be better-off visiting the nursery in person - which you can do on Fridays and Saturdays this month. 
Almost in Scotland.

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 09:21:33 AM »
All the snowdrop community will tell you that it definitely exists and many have visited.  Joe is an excellent source of plants and is building up the non-snowdrop side again.  He goes to virtually every plant sale in Cambridge/Norfolk/Suffolk with some wonderful stock.  As Alan says the only drawback is that he is a 'technophobe' although in reality I just think he is so busy he hasn't got and doesn't want to spare time on such things.
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
Mr Sharman has  coped sufficiently with technology - or found a minion to assist him - to publish a list of the events he   may attend  next year  on the medium he  seems to think so little of -   - Matt T.   copies them here :
http://www.srgc.net/forum/index.php?topic=15407.msg383502#msg383502
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 03:02:04 PM by Maggi Young »
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2017, 08:31:47 PM »
Oh, sorry I'd quite forgotten I'd started this thread. I shall not be bothering Monksilver again unless the owner's antediluvian notions  of what constitutes adequate customer service are changed.

As it was I contacted another nursery by email, got a reply the same day, sent my email order by return and had my plants within two days.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal