We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Corydalis 2018  (Read 4067 times)

Steve Garvie

• Rainbirder's photostream
Re: Corydalis 2018
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2018, 04:34:04 PM »
Corydalis were a little late here this year.
Corydalis fumariifolia -a late-flowering form which didn’t cope well with the hot May that we had.

Corydalis cashmeriana -was in flower earlier this month and may flower again in August if the Summer is not too hot.

Corydalis sp. -This is a dwarf scree species that I got from a Chinese source. I gave some to Cyril then lost my parent plant; fortunately Cyril managed to propagate it so I now have another opportunity to kill it!
I find that it gets leggy under glass and is a martyr to aphids. I am now growing it hard outside where it is creeping out of a crevice into full sun.
WILDLIFE PHOTOSTREAM: http://www.flickr.com/photos/rainbirder/

Steve
West Fife, Scotland.

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: Corydalis 2018
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2019, 07:40:31 PM »
I have had trouble growing blue bulbous Corydalis (C.turtschaninovii-type), they slowly decline, or at best stay the same. Maybe I haven't found just the right place and soil for them earlier, because now this C.turtschaninovii looks fine, and last spring was it's second spring here.

Corydalis buschii does very well, it is even a little weed-like so that when I have moved it, it grows back from the tiniest root piece.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal