We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Moving on!  (Read 1716 times)

RichardW

• Benington Lordship Gardens
Moving on!
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:35:15 AM »
After nearly 26 years  :o I'm leaving Benington Lordship in a few weeks, not a hard decision after a difficult few years trying to look after something that is just too much for one person to manage.

Moving to a nice small job not too far away, not sure what the future holds for this place, hopefully someone will keep the collection going.

I've got my own plants in temporary storage & hope to start again somewhere else, I'll try and get to Myddleton house next year.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Re: Moving on!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
Dear Richard - I'm sure there will be a great many of us who wish you all the very best in your new post.  You have  welcomed so many people to enjoy the gardens at Benington Lordship and  the memories made there will remain for them.
Change is both scary and exciting - sure you will make it all come together.

Have a wonderful time  building a happy and successful new work-life and home.
 All the best!
 Maggi
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Harald-Alex.

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 12:16:07 PM »
After nearly 26 years  :o I'm leaving Benington Lordship in a few weeks, not a hard decision after a difficult few years trying to look after something that is just too much for one person to manage.

Moving to a nice small job not too far away, not sure what the future holds for this place, hopefully someone will keep the collection going.

I've got my own plants in temporary storage & hope to start again somewhere else, I'll try and get to Myddleton house next year.
Hallo Richard, we wish You all the best for Your new projekt, I visited Benington Lordship in Febr. 2015 with a german galanthophile group, it was fine there (as in Walsingham Abbey and Anglesey Abbey too) and was the reason for my start to collect snowdrop varieties and create a Snowdropgarden Alex in Eastgermany! Greetings Harald
"Im Innersten... pulst das Bedürfnis nach Mitfreude anderer" Karl Foerster 1969

RichardW

• Benington Lordship Gardens
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2018, 10:53:38 AM »
Thank you, the collection wouldn't have grown without the kindness and generosity of many people I met through this forum, many happy memories  ;D

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2018, 03:16:26 PM »
You've been a great part of all the goodness in the forum, Richard.   

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 05:39:20 PM »
I've been chatting today with a pal who is lucky to grow all sorts of plants very well - I was bemoaning the  problems there are here with some  types -  well, I suppose that none of us can grow everything we'd like to  - for whatever reason - but it made me think that I hope the growing conditions in your new place are good, Richard -  if not far  from  present  location we would  certainly hope so!

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 06:07:11 PM »
All the best for your new job, Richard.
Almost in Scotland.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal