We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cornovium Snowdrops - on the move!  (Read 3782 times)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
Cornovium Snowdrops - on the move!
« on: December 08, 2017, 01:47:23 PM »
 From  Jane  Rowlinson  at  Cornovium Snowdrops about a move for their mail-order business ........

🌷🌷BREAKING NEWS🌷🌷

Dave, Rachel and I are excited to announce that we are relocating to the beautiful county of Shropshire!

After the amazing support we have had from our customers over the past three years, we needed to find a site that would allow us to expand the production of our Snowdrops. We are lucky to have found a beautiful spot with 5 acres, including an acre which had a dwarf conifer nursery on it, and our very own stream. Our new site will give us the opportunity to develop our own cultivars and to expand our species range. We are hoping to also add other plants to our website such as Erythroniums and Trilliums over the years.

We are working closely with APHA to ensure that we are continuing to meet all necessary legal requirements to continue supplying bulbs to our US customers.

Due to the location of the new site we will be continuing to operate as a mail order only company.

We look forward to sharing our exciting adventure with you all!

Best wishes,

Jane, Dave and Rachel
www.cornoviumsnowdrops.co.uk

Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Jane

• Cornovium Snowdrops
Re: Cornovium Snowdrops - on the move!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 02:21:31 PM »
Thank you for sharing Maggie.  It is a very exciting time for us all.  I'm especially thrilled in that the site has an old potting shed.  Although not in the best shape, it has all of the right smells when you walk through the door!  Something that I think only true plant nuts understand  ;D
Cornovium Snowdrops near Chester, Cheshire.  I love plants, especially Snowdrops, Trillium, Erythroniums and Primula.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 02:23:07 PM »
Shed looks solid enough, wall-wise, Jane!   Wishing you all the best  in the new place.

Rick Goodenough

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 10:12:15 PM »
Congratulations on your relocation to your own corner of Shropshire. Cornovium has been well received in the U.S. and interest in Snowdrops has continued to build here due in no small part to the bulbs you supply. I hope this new garden already with its familiar and welcoming potting shed smells will serve as a wonderful home and garden as well as a place to build your business to the next level.

Every success,

Rick
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 10:13:47 PM by Rick Goodenough »
Fanning the snowdrop flame.

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 09:28:25 AM »
All good wishes for this new venture Jane, I think the potting shed would look very smart with white paint and your logo on the outside!
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 08:51:27 AM »
Congratulations Jane, and good luck with the move.  Five acres of land is enough room to grow a lot of snowdrops.

When I retire I would quite like to move to a house with a larger garden and more room for my snowdrops.  But I'm not sure how to identify if the ground would be suitable if there are not already a lot of snowdrops growing there; perhaps this is a different topic?     
Almost in Scotland.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 01:45:41 PM »
Picture from Jane of the new place in the snow - more white stuff than expected at this time, perhaps!
597738-0

ian mcdonald

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 02:04:57 PM »
What is all that white stuff?

Palustris

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 02:33:33 PM »
If they are anywhere near to us in North Shropshire, they will have definitely had a fair amount of the stuff and temps down to -13c. Our snowdrops don't seem to care though.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 03:55:51 PM »
What is all that white stuff?
I think it's a mass of snowdrops, Ian!!!   ;D ;)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2019, 11:51:01 AM »
From  Jane  Rowlinson  at  Cornovium Snowdrops about a move for their mail-order business ........

🌷🌷BREAKING NEWS🌷🌷

Dave, Rachel and I are excited to announce that we are relocating to the beautiful county of Shropshire!

After the amazing support we have had from our customers over the past three years, we needed to find a site that would allow us to expand the production of our Snowdrops. We are lucky to have found a beautiful spot with 5 acres, including an acre which had a dwarf conifer nursery on it, and our very own stream. Our new site will give us the opportunity to develop our own cultivars and to expand our species range. We are hoping to also add other plants to our website such as Erythroniums and Trilliums over the years.

We are working closely with APHA to ensure that we are continuing to meet all necessary legal requirements to continue supplying bulbs to our US customers.

Due to the location of the new site we will be continuing to operate as a mail order only company.

We look forward to sharing our exciting adventure with you all!

Best wishes,

Jane, Dave and Rachel
cornoviumsnowdrops.co.uk

Cornovium now  have a  new name  and   website   address : https://www.morlasplants.co.uk/

Palustris

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2019, 02:33:07 PM »
Well,well,well. They are almost within walking distance from us here. Wish I had some money left over from doing up this house to fill this garden with as many 'drops as we had at the last place.

Hagen Engelmann

• treuer Schneeglöckchenfreund
    • http://www.engelmannii.de
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2019, 09:17:41 PM »
Thank you for sharing Maggie.  It is a very exciting time for us all.  I'm especially thrilled in that the site has an old potting shed.  Although not in the best shape, it has all of the right smells when you walk through the door!  Something that I think only true plant nuts understand  ;D

looks like SHEDS AND OUTHOUSES or BUDENZAUBER ...

always a good place for Gems
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 09:27:36 PM by Hagen Engelmann »
Hagen Engelmann Brandenburg/Germany (80m) http://www.engelmannii.de]

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal