We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Galanthus in March 2019  (Read 4625 times)

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
Re: Galanthus in March 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 08:17:54 AM »
Thanks Anne. :) Early ones come always up and start to flower inside the snow, and when the snow melts they just continue flowering.
Later ones usually wait patiently under ground until it really is spring also here.
Leena from south of Finland

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2019, 02:32:38 PM »
I'm not snowdrop grower and great lover of them, but few I have and today made 3 picture
2 are G. graecus from Chios Island
and the third is GF. panjutini from Abchasia (locality almost completely destroyed due Sochi olympic games. No one was replaced!
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

Rick Goodenough

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2019, 06:20:18 PM »
Janis,

Those G. graecus are terrific. A favorite form ....thank you for posting.

We are just now finally seeing drops in S.E. Massachusetts, U.S and it was fun to see this pair of G. elwesii 'Pat Mason emerge from the melt and in full bloom!
Fanning the snowdrop flame.

Mariette

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2019, 09:39:09 PM »
I'm not snowdrop grower and great lover of them, but few I have and today made 3 picture
2 are G. graecus from Chios Island
and the third is GF. panjutini from Abchasia (locality almost completely destroyed due Sochi olympic games. No one was replaced!
Both this form of G. graecus and G. panjutini are very special and lovely, I hope they become more widely available soon!

Mariette

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2019, 09:40:36 PM »
Janis,

Those G. graecus are terrific. A favorite form ....thank you for posting.

We are just now finally seeing drops in S.E. Massachusetts, U.S and it was fun to see this pair of G. elwesii 'Pat Mason emerge from the melt and in full bloom!
It´s great You´re back again here, Rick - I missed Your contributions!

Leena

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 07:22:53 AM »

It is good that you are growing it and so at least some are saved!

It is the same here, many snowdrops are in full bloom when the snow melts. 'Pat Mason' looks like a nice short and sturdy snowdrop.

Leena

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2019, 07:21:34 AM »
'Lerinda' now when the snow has melted around it.
Every day new snowdrops come up through snow (or actually the snow melts from around them, they were already ready to flower inside the snow).
'Green Light' reached the top of the snow on last Friday and already yesterday a lot of the snow has melted from around it.

Leena

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 07:08:54 AM »
More snowdrops are coming through snow every day. :)
In my earliest bed in full sunshine yesterday 'Tuuliku 2' opened it's flowers. it is Taavi Tuulik's find in Hiiumaa in Estonia, and was sold with this name by Sulev Savisaar, and I got it from a friend who had bought it from Sulev. This is an early G.elwesii variety, and a good increaser here.
'Lady Elphinstone' also does well. :)

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal