We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulgaria - Kamenari 2009 - A Guided Tour  (Read 3649 times)

Hristo

Re: Bulgaria - Kamenari 2009 - A Guided Tour
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »
Thanks David, when we are ready to sell we will make some kind of announcement, to begin with I guess it will be on a small scale and a first come first served basis. This autumn will see bulb and seed sales and I have promised a few folks in Scotland a list. :D
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2009, 07:53:58 PM »
fun to see!
i have to say i envy you shade being at a premium, since my problem is the opposite!
also envy the apparent building skills, which i could really use here and dont have!..lol

Lvandelft

• Spy out IN the cold
  • Dutch Master
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2009, 09:24:53 PM »
Postage rates are quite reasonable from Bulgaria, trials on E-bay have been quite promising, with living at this end of the EU overheads are much smaller than western europe and so we can afford to be quite competative and patient whilst the business develops.
Well Chris and Simon, this sounds very reasonably.
I was not really worrying about, but it kept me thinking about the last few days.
I wish you both all the luck, which you will need too.
I am sure that a new start here in Western Europe would be definitely much harder.
Luit van Delft, right in the heart of the beautiful flowerbulb district, Noordwijkerhout, Holland.

Sadly Luit died on 14th October 2016 - happily we can still enjoy his posts to the Forum

Hristo

« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2009, 09:45:01 PM »
Thanks Luit,
A start up in the UK was never a possibility, land prices were always far too high plus living costs did not allow us to survive the years we knew would be needed to propagate our plants to a level where we could begin to sell! Yes, all the luck please, but if you don't try.........nothing worse than regret!
Hristo passed away, after a long illness, on 11th November 2018. His support of SRGC was  much appreciated.

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2009, 10:00:29 AM »
Hi Chris and Simon !

I bow in deepest admiration for the skills, the efforts and the "business plan" you guys are proving to have.

Good nurseries for our beloved alpines and bulbs are few and far between so I'm sure a lot of us will welcome your wonderful and brave initiative.  :D

I join Luit to wish you the very best of luck in your proceedings ! 
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Hristo

« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 05:47:36 PM »
Luc,
Thanks so much for your wishes, we of course hope it will work and hope we can emmulate some of our hero nurserymen by producing quality plants at good prices that are correctly identified! :) :)

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 07:45:40 PM »
at good prices that are correctly identified! :) :)

;D THAT is a factor few nurserymen have trouble with!

I can think of only one nurseryman whose prices are seldom correctly identified.... always in the favour of the customer! He's a national treasure! ;D
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 07:54:42 PM »
;D THAT is a factor few nurserymen have trouble with!
I can think of only one nurseryman whose prices are seldom correctly identified.... always in the favour of the customer! He's a national treasure! ;D

it took me just a minute to follow you on this one--i thought you'd had extraordinarily good luck in finding only inexpensive accurate nurseries...lol

Hristo

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 08:23:52 PM »
My meaning, my meaning, a comma for my meaning, or from another thread Maggi;
Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me!  :P :-*

fermi de Sousa

• Far flung friendly fyzzio
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2009, 04:20:58 AM »
Infamy, Infamy, they've all got it in for me!  :P :-*
That was the battle cry of our school soccer team, Paranoia Untied! ;D
Mr Fermi de Sousa, Redesdale,
Victoria, Australia

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal