We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: NZAGS WINS GOLD AT THE “CHELSEA OF THE SOUTH”  (Read 6518 times)

TC

• Roving Reporter
Re: NZAGS WINS GOLD AT THE “CHELSEA OF THE SOUTH”
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2009, 12:17:10 PM »
Just so you 'upsidedowners' get it into context our Chelsea is probably the most over rated garden show in the world. Full of overpaid and underskilled television gardeners;because it's part of the London social calander it's also full of personalities! of the world of stage and television; it's also got more than it's fair share of garden designers-a breed of individuals who really get up my nose; it's in London, the filthiest and most expensive slum in the world.

All of these reasons should ensure you avoid it like the plague! ;D

David

I thought that I was the only person who thought this.  Is it an "age thing"?  To me London is a foreign city and nothing to do with the UK.
Tom Cameron
Ayr, West of Scotland

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2009, 07:28:01 PM »
Tom, others would say it's an age thing, but we recognise a bad deal when we see one ;D I had to spend a lot of time in London in my working life and once I retired I vowed never to return. The nearest I've been since is Wisley and that's the way it will stay. My son lives and works in London and regards it as 'the pits'.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2009, 09:40:29 PM »
I ADORE London - the parks, the music, the galleries, the theatres, the restaurants and pubs. But then I would say that wouldn't I? I've spent less that 10 days there in 66 years. ;D
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2009, 10:07:17 PM »
David,I must be one of the very few people in these parts that have never been in London. ;D

Greenmanplants

• With Sparklers in November
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2009, 01:28:42 AM »
London exists and works on many levels.  It is what you make of it.
Cheers, John H. Hampshire
 England, zone 8/9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal