We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cypripedium parviflorum ( not calceolus!)  (Read 3088 times)

cohan

• forest gnome
Re: Cypripedium parviflorum ( not calceolus!)
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 07:42:08 PM »
Cohan, I'd recommend you contact ALCLA here in Calgary... perhaps not at this time of year but probably best in spring.  The regular plant list on the website is limited (but does include Cypripedium "calceolus" pubescens at least) but if you visit in person (by appointment), or perhaps make inquiries, you may find some of what you are looking for.  They really do grow a large number of species, from seeds collected under the appropriate permits where required, apparently on contract for restoration projects(?), but very little of it appears on the website list.  Can't promise alpines, but then, I haven't been back there in a few years so I'm not sure what they are up to these days.

i have seen their list, which, as you say, is not that extensive, though there are certainly some nice things..
you did mention before that they have more things unlisted--not sure i understand the logic in that..lol..i wasnt buying this year, anyway, so i havent contacted them, but they are in my list of potential suppliers...

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal