We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: SRGC ELECTS NEW PRESIDENT- Mrs Liz Mills  (Read 3650 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: SRGC ELECTS NEW PRESIDENT- Mrs Liz Mills
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
David, in New Zealand we recently and all at once, had women as Prime Minister, Governor General, Attorney General and Speaker in the House of Representatives and we seemed to survive the experience OK. They're all gone now, the PM to greater things in the 2nd (or 3rd?) top post in the United Nations. I've less complimentary things to say of the others, but all in all, nothing too bad happened to the country.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2009, 11:14:10 PM »
We hope, Ian (of the Christie kind) that now you may have a little more time to post on the Forrum. Probably not because a nursery can take up every minute and more if they were available, but all the same, be assured we look forward to as much as possible about your nursery, garden and the wonderful plants you and Ann grow.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2009, 12:21:16 PM »
Hello Liz,

Just noticed your post above and am delighted to see your presence on the forum. As one of the purely online SRGC members I am, most unfortunately, not likely to meet you in person and so am particularly happy that you are joining us here online. There are now 1,000 registered members of the SRGC website and while it is a great way to participate, it is especially important and particularly welcome to have interaction with our new Madame President.

Delighted to have you online and wish you every success during your term in office - and looking forward to seeing you posting again and again.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2009, 09:03:18 PM »
I'd like to join Paddy in wishing you, our new President, a joyful, satisfying and successful term in your new role. I'd also like to welcome you to the wonderful Forum and hope that you will continue to post here and encourage other SRGC non-forumists to join in. On the far side of the world from the centre of things at SRGC, the Forum is hugely important and is the one part of the Club that gives us an opportunity to take part and feel included in the wider membership. We all here love the Forum and our Maggi who moderates. I'd hate to be without it.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal