We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: oxalis hardiness  (Read 3694 times)

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
Re: oxalis hardiness
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 12:33:46 PM »
Ixia are often available, particularly in the B&Q type stores, in spring for summer bedding. In my experience they normally revert to winter growers the following season if you leave them in situ.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Darren

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2009, 12:55:13 PM »
Thanks David - that is what I suspected might happen. For potted plants if they could be kept dry at 20C in winter then watered in spring it might work though? Or garden bulbs dug up in september and kept similarly?
Darren Sleep. Nr Lancaster UK.

gote

• still going down the garden path...
  • A fact is a fact - even if it is an unusual fact
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2009, 04:59:20 PM »
Thank you both for th einput.
Many years ago I used to buy cheap Dutch irises which I could not get going a second year. I was told that I should keep them at nearly 30° in the winter - i never tried.
My question is really has anyone tried this on terrestial mediterrean orchids? They would have to remain in pots of course.
Cheers
Göte
Göte Svanholm
Mid-Sweden

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal