We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Colchicum name  (Read 939 times)

Ulla Hansson

Colchicum name
« on: October 14, 2010, 09:12:34 PM »
I bought one colchicum, the label says Colchicum pamiricum. I have try to find information about this bulb, but I can’t find anything. My question, is there any plant with this name?
Ulla
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

TheOnionMan

• the onion man has layers
Re: Colchicum name
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 03:22:44 AM »
I bought one colchicum, the label says Colchicum pamiricum. I have try to find information about this bulb, but I can’t find anything. My question, is there any plant with this name?
Ulla

Ulla, I did a search on the name at IPNI.ORG, and cannot find any published name C. "pamiricum".  A quick google search also does not find any results.  Maybe someone labeled mixed up the name with another species names that denotes a geographical area; perhaps C. parnassicum?

http://www.ipni.org/ipni/advPlantNameSearch.do;jsessionid=FEE9CDD87096746BF962EDA670D18640?find_family=&find_genus=Colchicum&find_species=p*&find_infrafamily=&find_infragenus=&find_infraspecies=&find_authorAbbrev=&find_includePublicationAuthors=on&find_includePublicationAuthors=off&find_includeBasionymAuthors=on&find_includeBasionymAuthors=off&find_publicationTitle=&find_isAPNIRecord=on&find_isAPNIRecord=false&find_isGCIRecord=on&find_isGCIRecord=false&find_isIKRecord=on&find_isIKRecord=false&find_rankToReturn=all&output_format=normal&find_sortByFamily=on&find_sortByFamily=off&query_type=by_query&back_page=plantsearch

« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 03:25:03 AM by TheOnionMan »
Mark McDonough
Massachusetts, USA (near the New Hampshire border)
USDA Zone 5
antennaria at aol.com

wooden shoe

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 08:00:53 AM »
Another suggestion: Colchicum pannonicum?
Rob - central Nederland Zone 7b

Ulla Hansson

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
Mark and Rob, thanks for the reply. I just have to wait and see what happens when it blooms, but this does not happen this fall. I think it needs to grow a year before.
Ulla
Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal