We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: November 2010 in the Northern Hemispere  (Read 6828 times)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
Re: November 2010 in the Northern Hemispere
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2010, 10:16:37 PM »
olga--the flowers are pretty in the snow--but hopefully you were not as cold as we were the last couple of days-- we got to around -35 or a few degrees colder, with days below -20..now it is supposed to rise overnigh to -13 by morning, then a high of -4C, it will seem very warm, and friday 0C-i will be putting on my bathing suit ;D
here is a view of my place today...

Cohan,

Well I hope it is at the very least one of the old neck to knee bathing suits, or perhaps a new fashioned tip to toe one made of some sort of insulative material.  ;D  While we like the colour blue in the garden, we are not usually intending that blue to BE the forumist, instead of a flower the forumist is looking at. ;)
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2010, 08:04:36 AM »
not to worry, if and when i put on a bathing suit, there will be no witnesses ;)
only -7C now at 1 am, going down to -15...still seems very warm after the last few days...
i saw a newspaper headline from wednesday from calgary, which proclaimed:
" could be worse, but only if you live in antarctica!" i think that day, or another, calgary was the second coldest place on earth, but that's because, ironically, they were having a mild spell in the arctic, and summer in antarctica!

Olga Bondareva

« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
Cohan, thank you for giving me a hope on gardening in more cold climate than mine.  :) Sometimes it feels here like the end of times but not in November.
Olga Bondareva, Moscow, Zone 3

cohan

• forest gnome
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2010, 06:30:00 PM »
Cohan, thank you for giving me a hope on gardening in more cold climate than mine.  :) Sometimes it feels here like the end of times but not in November.

i think wherever you live, there are times of bad weather that you feel will never end! today is a hopeful day here, it should get to +2C :)

Stephenb

• 20,000+ day old man
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
It went below -30C in central Southern Norway last night! VERY cold for the time of year. A mere -18C here...
Stephen
Malvik, Norway
Eating my way through the world's 15,000+ edible species

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal