We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Bulb smugglers detained...  (Read 2199 times)

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
Re: Bulb smugglers detained...
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 11:19:49 PM »
In just about every country, the systems are very silly. It's what happens when politicians get involved in subjects they know nothing about.

Today, the people of Christchurch are finally expecting to hear from the Prime Minister, some definitive news about their earthquake damaged houses and properties. They have been kept waiting for months to know whether they can rebuild or not, whether they can stay or must go, whether whole streets or even suburbs are to be abandoned. While I hope they hear what they want to hear, I'll be very surprised if the PM's news will make many people happy or encourage them to feel that the pieces of their lives can be picked up and mended at last. With the govt, local govt, a new recovery authority, Earthquake Commission, insurers and re-insurers all involved, it's unlikely that people will simply be able to get on with their lives in any meaningful and successful way. I hope I'm wrong though.
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Arda Takan

• Tulips and Frits.
Re: Bulb smugglers detained...
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2011, 10:30:28 PM »
Is the term "upside down" tulips referring to fritillarias?
Yes, in Turkish there is no word for fritillaria. And many people don't know it is a different genus from Tulipa(Lale in Turkish). And since they look similiar people call them Ters Lale which means upside down tulip :)
in Eskisehir / Turkey

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal