We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Rare Tanzanian seed to offer  (Read 897 times)

pontus

Rare Tanzanian seed to offer
« on: May 08, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Hello Everyone.

I have a good sized bag with some mixed fascinating seeds that i collected last year in Tanzania. Mostly trees, shrubs, perrennials and maybe annuals too. Some fascinating flowering trees too.

I have no names to go with these, but dont have space myself to sow them.

I am willing to give this bag away to someone who has a greenhouse maybe and some space to try and raise some fascinating seedlings, if i can have 1 or 2 plants perhaps once they have grown a bit...

let me know if anyone is interested. the seed is of course dormant, so i can post it now anytime!

Pontus

meanie

Re: Rare Tanzanian seed to offer
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »
I'm up for the challenge if they're still available!

No probs with sending some plants back your way when/if  they germinate.
West Oxon where it gets cold!

pontus

Re: Rare Tanzanian seed to offer
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 10:37:04 PM »
ok great

the whole packet is still available, as so far you have expressed the most (and only) interest, I will gladly send you the whole packet of tanzanian seed. Could you please send me your adress, in an e mail to pontus.wallsten@bluewin.ch. there is some quite strange looking seed in there, so its more of a "lucky bag" type thing where i would think that "sow and see what comes up" would be teh most accurate description, as these where plants i had never seen before either in books or on the internet. I simply grabbed as many different seeds as i could while i was there, of the plants that looked the most interesting :) mostly wild collected, and some collected in and around the moshi area as well as from a nursery in central moshi.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal