We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Corydalis 2013  (Read 8160 times)

Pauli

Re: Corydalis 2013
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2013, 05:15:21 PM »
I grow a few Corydalis originating ex China from Chen Yi. Can somebody help with identification? As they grow here for some years, there is a slight chance, that they are Hybrids.

First plant with an overwintering habit like ellipticarpa:
398290-0

398292-1

Second plant with nearly identicak flowers, but growth habit like flexuosa. It has markings on its leaves
398294-2

Any suggestions are welcome!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 07:11:05 PM by Pauli »
Herbert,
in Linz, Austria

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2013, 07:20:05 AM »
Started harvesting of greenhouse grown Corydalis. Corydalis magadanica has strange tubers.
In other greenhouse started blooming Chinese C. brunneovaginata with very unusual tuber (?)
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

arisaema

« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2013, 10:20:30 AM »
Are you sure it's C. brunneovaginata? According to the Flora of China that species has rose flowers, this looks a lot like C. ellipticarpa.

Janis Ruksans

• Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2013, 10:45:32 AM »
Are you sure it's C. brunneovaginata? According to the Flora of China that species has rose flowers, this looks a lot like C. ellipticarpa.
I got it from Gothenburg BG, so I think they must know correct name (Magnus Liden, Henrik Zetterlund)
Rare Bulb Nursery - Latvia
http://rarebulbs.lv

arisaema

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2013, 11:14:10 AM »
I got it from Gothenburg BG, so I think they must know correct name (Magnus Liden, Henrik Zetterlund)

Magnus wrote the flora, so he would obviously know, but part of me still thinks there may have been a label mix-up? If you speak with him then please double-check. The pictures posted by Pauli above actually looks like what I always believed to be C. brunneovaginata, and match the colour given in Flora of China.

http://www.cgf.net/plantdetails.aspx?id=4936

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2013, 05:48:18 AM »
Corydalis solidas are now over, but Corydalis vittae is flowering right now, it is quite small corydalis.
Corydalis turtschaninovii 'Blue Gem' has opened yesterday, and it is bigger, very nice. I have had it for three years, and it seems to do ok.  :)

Leena from south of Finland

Susan Band

• Pitcairn Alpines
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:03 AM »
This is a lovely corydalis flowering now. I got it from cyril with an unconfirmed name of C. adrienii I can't find any reference to it apart from a chinese website but my chinese is not too good  ;) It has roots that look like a cross between C. cashmireana and buschii Any confirmation or otherwise would be great.
Susan
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:45:45 AM by Susan Band »
Susan Band, Pitcairn Alpines, ,PERTH. Scotland

Susan's website:
http://www.pitcairnalpines.co.uk

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2013, 11:12:44 AM »
I have gotten this Corydalis from a friend, and she had bought it as Corydalis elata. I have read that many plants named C.elata are C.omeiensis, so what do you think, is my plant C.elata?
I have the book Bleeding harts, Corydalis and their relatives, and from it I understand that C.elata has flowers all around the stem and C.omeiensis only in one side.
My plant is quite tall and doesn't stay upright without support, it has started to flower in the beginning of July here and is now in full bloom. I have also 'Craighton Blue' (or a plant bought as such), which started to flower about three weeks earlier and is now over flowering. My CB is also not so tall, but it is in different bed. This spring I also got C.elata 'Blue Summit', but it is still not very big plant and flowered earlier in pot.
Leena from south of Finland

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal