We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: New Zealand Field Trips, December 2007  (Read 6890 times)

Susan

• Shoe Pixie
Re: New Zealand Field Trips, December 2007
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2007, 12:20:59 AM »
Paddy,

The daisies are terrible.  They were mixed in with some Anisotomes as well.  Unfortunately my camera (which I've had for almost 5 years) played up and the fabulous shots I thought I had as I came down from the Harris Saddle turned out to be greatly overexposed.  I was pretty upset I can tell you.  It was a hard slog and may not be repeated on that particular track.  Anyway, I have bought myself an early Christmas present and hope to do better another time.

If ever  you get out this way there are a number of places we could direct you to to see some of our "weeds".  We were particularly lucky - I spoke with a fellow yesterday who told me he has been on that track three times and has never seen the mountain tops yet.  Always covered in mist. It was so hot I found some snow from an earlier avalanche and put it in the scarf I had around my neck.  It had melted and the scarf had dried within about half an hour. 

Susan
Dunedin, New Zealand

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal