We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: North Green Snowdrop Catalogue  (Read 7389 times)

colineddie1

Re: North Green Snowdrop Catalogue
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2014, 11:10:39 AM »
I too got the North Green Catalogue when I got home from Myddleton yesterday - what a horrid thing to do to someone who is trying to broaden the exclusiveness of rare and hard to find bulbs. I really feel for the owners after all there hard work and time - it must be heartbreaking to know that someone you trust to allow around your collection is actually planning on pinching them - thats the worst bit of it.

Lets face it someone would have to know that North Green had the bulbs in the first place and when the layout they were housed - makes me so and I am only  Newbie  >:(
The proud owner of 4 cats that love to shovel bulbs around the garden for fun!!

Ding Dong

« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »
Can't believe people are bidding for the catalogue again on eBay!!
Owner of the world's angriest geese - with scars to prove it! Works for Avon Bulbs

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »
Talking about bidding I see Glenorma is one of the ones up for auction.  Here are a couple of pictures from Wol and Sue, I didn't see it at Glen Chantry the year of the visit when everyone was drooling over it so was interested to see it. I understand it is huge!!
Brian Ellis, Brooke, Norfolk UK. altitude 30m Mintemp -8C

Anne Repnow

« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2014, 08:18:17 PM »
Could one of you let me know the address of North Green Snowdrop Nursery, so I can ask for a catalogue?
Anne Repnow gardening near Heidelberg in Germany
carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2014, 08:22:10 PM »
 I believe the address is : North Green Snowdrops North Green Only, Stoven, Beccles, NR34 8DG
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

snowdropcollector

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2014, 09:07:40 PM »
Brian, thank you for posting this pictures of Glenorma. It does look huge  :P One for my wish list again...... :o
Richard, Netherlands....building up my collection again

Richard Williams

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2014, 10:30:13 PM »
Is it too late to apply for a catalogue this year?  The one on e-bay went for the best part of £10 inc postage which puts the whole crazy e-bay bandwagon into perspective. Could someone possibly send me a scan of the list of plants and prices please?
 I'm hopefully heading off to Margaret Owen's open day in February this year again where at least charity gets the benefit of this white flower madness that many of us seem to be afflicted to.

colineddie1

« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
Is it too late to apply for a catalogue this year?  The one on e-bay went for the best part of £10 inc postage which puts the whole crazy e-bay bandwagon into perspective. Could someone possibly send me a scan of the list of plants and prices please?
 I'm hopefully heading off to Margaret Owen's open day in February this year again where at least charity gets the benefit of this white flower madness that many of us seem to be afflicted to.

Re Catalogue - if you send a stamped self addressed envelope to the address already given I am sure one will appear in the post - think they are 2.50 plus the cost of the postage both ways - not sure how much it is could be 2 1st class stamps - hope this helps  :)
The proud owner of 4 cats that love to shovel bulbs around the garden for fun!!

Martin Baxendale

• Quick on the Draw
  • faster than a speeding...... snowdrop
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2014, 11:30:57 PM »
Talking about bidding I see Glenorma is one of the ones up for auction.  Here are a couple of pictures from Wol and Sue, I didn't see it at Glen Chantry the year of the visit when everyone was drooling over it so was interested to see it. I understand it is huge!!

It was almost the first thing I saw at the top of the garden - rather like an enormous version of 'Gerard Parker'. HUGE bloody thing. I liked it, but apparently not everyone did.
Martin Baxendale, Gloucestershire, UK.

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2014, 11:42:48 PM »
Oh well, if you liked it Martin, it must be good.  I was hoping someone might have a picture of the clump?  I think Alan B liked it too.

Alan_b

• 'finder of the light'
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2014, 08:02:12 AM »
Was it this one?

Edit: yes, I guess it was, looking at the caption to Brian's first picture.  At that time it 'Glenorma' did not have a name and was labeled 'GC8'.  But the name of Brian's first photograph confirms that Glenorma and GC8 are one and the same.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 01:41:55 PM by Alan_b »
Almost in Scotland.

Anne Repnow

« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:57 AM »
Brian, thank you for posting this pictures of Glenorma. It does look huge  :P One for my wish list again...... :o
Thank you, Maggi!

Anne Repnow

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:29 AM »
I believe the address is : North Green Snowdrops North Green Only, Stoven, Beccles, NR34 8DG
Sorry, wrong quote....  ;D
Second try: Thank you Maggi!

Brian Ellis

• Brian the Britisher
  • 'Dropoholic
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2014, 09:58:42 AM »
Was it this one?

Edit: yes, I guess it was, looking at the caption to Brian's first picture.

Indeed it was by the look of it, thanks for posting it Alan, it really does look special doesn't it?

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2014, 07:38:43 PM »
With you all I am disgusted that someone would steal from a garden. Whether the object stolen is rare or common is irrelevant. It is the stealing that is beastly. Having said that, I'll go on to say something that may land me in the clink and it is simply that when a single bulb may fetch hundreds of pounds at sale, it is inevitable there will be a criminal response from a few people. I don't know whether it is the growers or the public who encourage such prices but it seems to me that somewhere along the line both greed and stupidity play a large part in the process. I love my snowdrops but am not obsessed by them and I would rather share something, no matter how rare and desirable it may be than look for the kinds of prices snowdrops attract. I understand that commercial growers must make a living (I'm one too) and I don't wish to offend anyone but I would be deeply ashamed to expect, never mind accept, some of the prices quoted on the snowdrop pages here. 'Nuff said
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal