We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cyclamen 2014  (Read 96094 times)

goofy

Re: Cyclamen 2014
« Reply #510 on: September 09, 2014, 02:30:41 PM »
A couple grown from seed.

a light pink Cyclamen cilicium from SRGC 1046/07 sown August 2008
C. hederifolium from exchange seed (no record) but labelled 'White Cloud' sown September 2008

hey, I think it is not "White Cloud",
which has pure white flowers.
(as you can see some postings above from my pic.)

I think it might be the pink form "silver cloud" if it has plain silver leaves..........

cheers

johnstephen29

• Hello from East Lincolnshire
« Reply #511 on: September 09, 2014, 09:20:23 PM »
Hi here are some more cyclamen I have flowering at the moment, first is Hederifolium Stargazer, I love the unusual flowers on this variety, the next one I have lost the label to, I think it might be Cyclamen intaminatum, but I'm not sure.

Cyclamen Hederifolium Stargazer by johnstephen29, on Flickr

Untitled by johnstephen29, on Flickr
John, Toynton St Peter Lincolnshire

brianw

« Reply #512 on: September 09, 2014, 09:58:57 PM »
Not my best Cyclamen but not bad considering the sowing date, and the moving house abuse it has had :-)
Edge of Chiltern hills, 25 miles west of London, England

SJW

« Reply #513 on: September 09, 2014, 11:52:07 PM »
...the next one I have lost the label to, I think it might be Cyclamen intaminatum, but I'm not sure.

John - doesn't look like intaminatum, note the darker blotch at the base of the petals which intaminatum doesn't have. I think it's more likely to be cilicium (or possibly mirabile if there's any toothing on the petal edges, difficult to see from the photo).
Steve Walters, West Yorkshire

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #514 on: September 10, 2014, 12:50:13 PM »
I agree with Steve, it's not intaminatum.

For some reason I get asked for my password when I click on the image so I can't see a larger pic but I think it's a nice dark form of C.cilicium. Apart from the serrations on the petals to tell if it is cilicium or mirabile - cilicium has a strong honey scent - mirabile is scentless or has a coconut scent. Final method is to wait until the leaves appear - mirabile are likely to have pink marbling when young - cilicium it's silver.
Oxford, UK
http://inspiringplants.blogspot.com - no longer active.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #515 on: September 10, 2014, 01:32:28 PM »
I have no idea why you might be getting that message when trying to enlarge a photo, Mark - no settings have been changed by the SRGC Website.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #516 on: September 10, 2014, 01:54:51 PM »
Maggi, seems John's pics are hosted elsewhere - I thought it was flickr which usually doesn't ask for a password but I see it's someother similar site. It may be owned by Yahoo because it's asking me to use my Yahoo account details.
Oxford, UK

johnstephen29

« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:42 PM »
Hi Steve & mark thanks for getting in touch, it's not mirabile the plants I have look completely different to this plant. I think you may be right about it been cilicium, I'll know for sure when my cilicium album flowers. Mark the photos are on Flickr, you shouldn't be having any problems accessing them that I can think of.

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2014, 07:39:39 PM »
John, I've not had problems with it before but when I click on it now it takes me to my Yahoo login page.

I've checked and Yahoo do own Flckr - I have BT Yahoo e-mail and that seems to be what it's picking up on. Google did something similiar with Blogger. I think previously when I looked at Flckr images they were on a Yahoo list site so that's why maybbe it didn't ask for my details last time.

Odd.
Oxford, UK

johnstephen29

« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
Yeah it's strange, hope you get it sorted.

SJW

« Reply #520 on: September 10, 2014, 11:49:58 PM »
Maggi, seems John's pics are hosted elsewhere - I thought it was flickr which usually doesn't ask for a password but I see it's someother similar site. It may be owned by Yahoo because it's asking me to use my Yahoo account details.

Same for me, asks for a Yahoo password (I use Gmail for email). Perhaps it is related to the fact that I'm a member of the Cyclamen-L message board which is hosted by Yahoo? I think you also use the Cyclamen-L site, Mark, although not much activity on it these days?
Steve Walters, West Yorkshire

Matt T

• Nuts about Narcissus
« Reply #521 on: September 11, 2014, 07:54:49 AM »
I get the same, and I'm not a Yahoo member for anything.
Matt Topsfield
Isle of Benbecula, Western Isles where it is mild, windy and wet! Zone 9b

"There is no mistake too dumb for us to make"

Mark Griffiths

« Reply #522 on: September 11, 2014, 08:35:16 AM »
I'm wondering now if flckr has has just changed. I've gone to the flckr home page and it seems I have to sign up to view any photos.

oh, just found this

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/8087/20140606/users-will-need-yahoo-accounts-to-sign-in-to-flickr-after-june-30.htm
Oxford, UK

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #523 on: September 11, 2014, 10:04:43 AM »
Gentlemen ; I suspect this flickr thing is not really relevant - the photos are displaying on the forum at a good size for viewing without any need to enlarge so I suggest you simply view them as shown. It is only when clicking on them or on the link that the need for access to flickr is required.
It is not as if the pix are only showing as thumbnails on the page.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #524 on: September 11, 2014, 12:52:42 PM »
I grew this Cyclamen cilicium from seed from the 10/11 SRGC Exchange under number 1119 and it came with the additional number PD2519. it was sown 18 October 2011 and I re-potted the contents of the pot in July this year.

Although very pretty (they all are?) it looks no different in flower or leaf shape and pattern to other C. cilicium I have. Can anyone tell me more about PD2519 please?

David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal