We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Greece2014  (Read 728 times)

Pauli

Greece2014
« on: January 24, 2014, 03:11:13 PM »
From May 1st to May 10th I am going to visit Northern Greece. It will be a plant tour with only minor cultural sidesteps.

On top of the plants I wnt to see are Gesneriads. Jankea and Ramonda serbica should be no problem, but I have no idea where to look for Ramonda nathaliae. Any suggestions? They should be in Flower at the beginning of May?
Herbert,
in Linz, Austria

Tony Willis

• Wandering Star
Re: Greece2014
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 05:10:08 PM »
Herbert I  have been many times at those dates and you can find Ramonda nathalie on Mt Vermion. I think one of my pictures was recently in the IRG taken there.

I have to say that when I visited the Vicos Gorge to see R. serbica they were shrivelled and well over. This has also been my experience on most visits to Vermion to see R. nathalie at that time.

There are some wonderful Jankae a short walk out of Litochoron in the gorge but at those dates last year they were also over.It all very much depends on the season

Send me am email me if you want information
Chorley, Lancashire zone 8b

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal