We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Mailorder Snowdrops  (Read 17396 times)

Michael J Campbell

• Forum's " Mr Amazing"
    • lewisias.
Re: Mailorder Snowdrops
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2014, 02:39:47 PM »
 I don't know who came up with the idea but in my opinion, for what it is worth, there is no such a thing as multipurpose compost. :P   

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2014, 04:04:17 PM »
I couldn't agree more Michael, it's a garden centre term.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

hwscot

« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2014, 02:56:12 PM »
I couldn't agree more Michael, it's a garden centre term.

It's the word the vast majority of people use, David, I think the quality of what's in the bag is more important than where the word came from, and whther or not you're getting value for money. You would certainly be getting value for money if the ebay listing here were to deliver what it suggests. 10 for £1.45, and the photo appears to be Elizabeth Harrison. The only catch I can see is that you don't get a packet of Rootgrow with them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-SNOWDROPS-WORONOWII-GARDENING-BULB-BEAUTIFUL-SPRING-SUMMER-FLOWER-PERENNIAL-/271583320017?pt=UK_HomeGarden_Garden_PlantsSeedsBulbs_JN&hash=item3f3ba097d1
Harry
Montrose
You can take the lad out of Leeds, but you can't ..

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal