We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Arisaema 2014  (Read 3717 times)

WimB

• always digs deeper...
    • Vlaamse Rotsplanten Vereniging
Arisaema 2014
« on: March 09, 2014, 09:21:43 PM »
Just found this; get one while it lasts cause it's one of the most wonderful forms I've ever seen: http://www.greenmilenursery.be/arisaemagriffithiidark.html
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Flemish Rock Garden society (VRV): http://www.vrvforum.be/
Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

arisaema

Re: Arisaema 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »
Didn't find any trace of the Eranthis I went here looking for, and it was pouring down all day, but the many Arisaema auriculatum I saw here on Xiiling Xueshan made for a nice consolation prize. Alt. about 1500-2000m.

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 03:18:39 PM »
Didn't find any trace of the Eranthis I went here looking for, and it was pouring down all day, but the many Arisaema auriculatum I saw here on Xiiling Xueshan made for a nice consolation prize. Alt. about 1500-2000m.
Oh my word! From the first time I saw this most charming little arisaema shown by the RBGE  on their display at an SRGC Show, I have been enchanted buy it. The small stature and intricate shaping, matched with the finely maked stems and good foliage make it a real eyecatcher.  How wonderful to see it in nature.
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

WimB

• always digs deeper...
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2014, 07:42:21 PM »

Bjørnar, It's a shame you didn't find any of the Eranthis but that A. auriculatum is more than a nice consolation prize, I would say.  :)
Wim Boens - Secretary VRV (Flemish Rock Garden Society) - Seed exchange manager Crocus Group
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Facebook page VRV: http://www.facebook.com/pages/VRV-Vlaamse-Rotsplanten-Vereniging/351755598192270

Philip Walker

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2014, 02:19:30 PM »
Arisaema kishidae-

pontus

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2014, 01:47:34 PM »
A good arisaema year has begun here, alot of new sp reaching flowering size and flowering for the first time, such as the stunning arisaema taiwanense, and also a very nice grifithii, sikokianum and ringens ...with much more to come :)

Pontus

pontus

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »
first image above was grifithii, then grifithii with sikokianums, and last was taiwanense....and here is ringens

WimB

• always digs deeper...
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2014, 01:59:24 PM »
Arisaema murrayi
Arisaema taiwanense
Arisaema thunbergii subsp. urashima
and Arisaema formosanum (from seeds collected in Cueifong) in flower.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 02:07:06 PM by WimB »
Wingene Belgium zone 8a

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:21 AM »
I had sown this Arisaema 2012. The seeds were from wild collection with description Arisaema sp 636 CWT. Collected from NE Vietnam, en route to Fan Si Pan from Tran Son Pass 2100m. To 50cm, 13 leaflets.
I have grown it in pot and kept over winter in the root cellar. It comes up quite late in June (A.triphyllum comes up much earlier kept in the same conditions) and has now flowered for the first time.
What species this could be? I don't have many Arisaemas, it looks most like A.ciliatum to me (but I don't know them so well), but does that species grow in the location where the seeds were collected?

I planted one outside in bed in June, the other one is still in pot.
Leena from south of Finland

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2014, 10:20:09 AM »
I had sown this Arisaema 2012. The seeds were from wild collection with description Arisaema sp 636 CWT. Collected from NE Vietnam, en route to Fan Si Pan from Tran Son Pass 2100m. To 50cm, 13 leaflets.
I have grown it in pot and kept over winter in the root cellar. It comes up quite late in June (A.triphyllum comes up much earlier kept in the same conditions) and has now flowered for the first time.
What species this could be? I don't have many Arisaemas, it looks most like A.ciliatum to me (but I don't know them so well), but does that species grow in the location where the seeds were collected?

I planted one outside in bed in June, the other one is still in pot.

It is growing well, Leena - I hope we will soon hear from some of the Aroid experts on its identification and the species local to its collection area.

Afloden

• why not ask him..... he'll know !
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2014, 07:39:46 PM »
I have plants from that area from my own collections and I have consanguineum as the name. But, I have seen paridifolia applied to plants from that area. I saw true consanguineum in Arunachal in May and they were distinctly different in appearance with pronounced drip-tips to the leaves and relatively boring stem markings. They also did not have the strongly glaucous leaf backs that the Fansipan plants have.

Aaron
Missouri, at the northeast edge of the Ozark Plateau

Leena

• Leena's You Tube Videos
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2014, 05:04:43 AM »
Thank you Aaron.  :) Let's hope this survives outside our winter, I will keep the other plant (or there are two in that pot) in the cellar for next winter until I see how the other one does outside.
Leena from south of Finland

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 01:29:29 PM »
This pot has me baffled.  Obviosuly one Arisaema as sown but what are these two companions with no leaves?  As anyone seen an Arisaema do this?

Meanwhile it has been a good year for the drippy-tipped A. consanguineum.

johnw

Tropical storm Bertha has passed us by.  Headed tio the UK with some rain no doubt.
John in coastal Nova Scotia

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2014, 02:52:20 PM »
Cleaning up Arisaemas today and this one was in a clump of consanguineum but is a decidedly different looking bulb.  That's a 5"/12.5cm label.  Any ideas what it might be?

johnw
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2014, 10:44:52 PM »
Cleaning up Arisaemas today and this one was in a clump of consanguineum but is a decidedly different looking bulb.  That's a 5"/12.5cm label.  Any ideas what it might be?

johnw

A message has come  from Pascal Bruggeman (recently returned from another plant spotting trip  to Arunachal Pradesh)   who says " John can change his  “possibly taiwanense” to definitely taiwanense on his label "   :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:46:46 PM by Maggi Young »

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal