We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Cow Pie Effect Question  (Read 2603 times)

johnw

• rhodo-galantho-etc-phile
Re: Cow Pie Effect Question
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2014, 07:41:00 PM »
Rick

It was a desperately long winter here with some snow cover most of the time late December through early March.  The first snowdrops didn't appear until 15 March and it took more than a week for the widespread yellowing to dissapate.  Below is a shot of nivalis 'Lowick' on the 22 March (one of the later appearances) and still with erratic yellowing.  Even elwesii 'Rosemary Burnham' flowered with all green markings in yellow.  A week later they were all normal and just in the nick of time as another snowfall ocurred at the month's end and lasted a few days.

Now to your friend's spectacular yellow elwesii should we still be trembling with anticipation?

johnw - +13c, fog, gloom, showers.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 12:00:38 AM by johnw »
John in coastal Nova Scotia

Rick Goodenough

Re: Cow Pie Effect Question
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 12:52:48 PM »
Thanks John ...totally agree that we should not be too giddy with anticipation. I checked in with my buddy who had found this and he said that the color persisted and did not green up on the flower before it was spent. Still could easily be cow-pie. I hope none of us have a winter like the last one this side of the Atlantic. Cheers! Rick
Fanning the snowdrop flame.

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal