We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Let me introduce myself ...  (Read 157441 times)

mark smyth

• Hopeless Galanthophile
Re: Let me introduce myself ...
« Reply #255 on: October 17, 2007, 07:34:11 PM »
Senor Micas is an unusual colour

Senor Micas is a rather handsome cat of a very unusual colour, shown in Cris' blog pages!

There are some amazing photos os reticulate tunics fron some bulb or other there, too.... off to see if I can determine what they might be! On the seneth August they are dietes, I think, but what the  complicated tunics shown on 8th August are, I don't know  ??? edit Maggi
« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 07:57:02 PM by Maggi Young »
Antrim, Northern Ireland Z8
www.snowdropinfo.com / www.marksgardenplants.com / www.saveourswifts.co.uk

When the swifts arrive empty the green house

All photos taken with a Canon 900T and 230

Cris

• Bolbos em Flor
« Reply #256 on: October 18, 2007, 01:12:19 PM »
Maggi, thanks.
To read my blog you can click on the translation (in the beggining of the blog, on the right part of the page, just below the part of the photo with the Alissum.

Mark, Micas is realy a beautiful cat, but I don´t know were was my head when I brought it home. As all cats, he like to make holes and lie down the pots. Its a nightdream. A few days he saw an insect on the wall, and jumped to a pot with a Hoya, falling down on the floor.
To the garden I found a solution : pine rind. He don't like to walk on this, so he don't make holes.

Without these problems, he is an adorable cat.

I'm glad that you've liked my blog, and finaly there as semeone that apreciate the tunics of the bulbs, just like me. The tend to be so surprising.
The one of 8Th August I don't know what may be, but I think that must appart to the Watosnia family. The Watosnia bulbs also have tunics with this kind of marks. I hope this year to can see it blooms.
Cris
Lisboa, Portugal

SueG

« Reply #257 on: October 18, 2007, 02:05:45 PM »
Hi Cris
the bulb tunics and the cat are both amazing. Great photos, thanks very much
Sue
Sue Gill, Northumberland, UK

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #258 on: October 21, 2007, 08:52:40 PM »
Wellcome Cris
It is nice to have yet an other Portugueses here. There are 2 real and 2 fake here. I am one of the fake Portugueses and I am not good enough in Portuguese to understand all from Your blogg but I will look into it and learn both more Portuguese and about plants that can be grown there.
Hope You will share pictures here as well as on Your blogg. :)
Kind regards
Joakim
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 09:12:05 PM by Maggi Young »
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Casalima

• Not lost in translation
« Reply #259 on: October 21, 2007, 09:11:02 PM »
Hello Cris! Benvinda! I'm the other fake Portuguese :) I already know, read and enjoy your blog and I've been meaning to contact you for ages!

I'll contact you in Portuguese when I get back to Portugal later this week.

um abraço

Chloë
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 06:12:03 PM by Casalima »
Chloe, Ponte de Lima, North Portugal, zone 9+

Thomas Huber

• Neustadt Croconut
« Reply #260 on: October 22, 2007, 03:36:27 PM »
Maggi, the little girl's called Millie and she's to be the main character (with her brother, mum, dad, grandad and gran) in a series of books (if this first one sells!) There's a brief synopsis of the storyline if you click the cover picture on the amazon website, but basically Millie's got the idea that she has a little baby brain, which is why she struggles with her maths homework; so she's expecting it to fall out like a wobbly baby tooth, then her big-girl brain can grow in and she'll manage her homework easy-peasy, plus the brain fairy will come and take her baby brain away and leave a load of dosh under her pillow ('cos after all, she has lots of baby teeth but only one baby brain, so it must be worth more!)

Since Saturday I'm the proud owner of Martin's new book and after reading half of it I
can recommend whoever likes laughing to buy this great book -
It's exactly my kind of humour!! Well done Martin!!!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 04:14:32 PM by Thomas Huber »
Thomas Huber, Neustadt - Germany (230m)

Cris

• Bolbos em Flor
« Reply #261 on: October 24, 2007, 01:46:26 PM »
Joakim, you can click on the translator. Is is not very good, but that's what we have.
I don't know yet how to put photos here, but i'll try.

Chloe, i've already heard about you, Rafa told me that you were living in Portugal and that you also like the bulbous plantas. I've tried to find, but I searched for Chloe and your nick is other. And now, here you are, giving me the welcome. Thanks.

Cris
Lisboa, Portugal

Joakim B

• Euro Star
  • Journal Access Group
« Reply #262 on: October 24, 2007, 04:13:05 PM »
Cris using a translator is cheating ::) I need to learn better Portuguese so I will not use that feature :) :o
Nice to learn to know more people in Portugal that are interested in bulbus plants and gardening :) I really felt that I was lacking people with the similar interest when I was in Portugal.

Kind Regards
Joakim
Potting in Lund in Southern Sweden and Coimbra in the middle of Portugal as well as a hill side in central Hungary

Cris

• Bolbos em Flor
« Reply #263 on: October 24, 2007, 09:31:08 PM »
Joakim, you are wright, here the persons like to have their garden with flowers, but if you ask for a bulbus name, they don't know it. Of course I'm generalizing.
Its is very nice to can talk with people that like the same kind of plants.

Cris
Lisboa, Portugal

Cris

• Bolbos em Flor
« Reply #264 on: October 25, 2007, 01:22:13 PM »
I'm trying to post a photo.
If it is well suceded, you can seed an Allium flower, a lovely plant that grows wild here.

Cris
Lisboa, Portugal

ashley

• Pops in from Cork
« Reply #265 on: October 25, 2007, 05:36:04 PM »
Very nice, Cris.  What is it?
Ashley Allshire, Cork, Ireland

scalpasurfer

« Reply #266 on: October 26, 2007, 12:01:48 AM »
Hello

I am 28 and live in France (Selles/Cher, well-known for its cheese...), 2 hours south of Paris. I love plants but have a small garden, hope to have much bigger in the future. Winter is my favorite season. Hellebores (especially orientalis), trees/shrubs with beautiful barks, bulbs like snowdrops for example are important in my garden, but much more plants interest me.
Nobody can know all the plants in the world, so it's interesting to share tips and points of view. I am not a collector but I love plants of collection. I don't search all the species and hybrids of a genus, I just would like to have what could be beautiful in my garden and well associated.
I had the chance to work in a famous garden last spring (even if I my job has no link with plants). I will tell you in this forum my impressions about it and the gardening places I advise if you come in France.

Pascal
Pascal,
 France (Between Tours and Orléans, South of the Loire)
interests : hellebores, winter bloomings, peonies

Luc Gilgemyn

• VRV President & Channel Hopper
« Reply #267 on: October 26, 2007, 09:10:02 AM »
Bienvenu Pascal !
Funnily enough there seem to be very few French (active) forumnists
so you're filling up a gap here !
We'll look forward to your contributions.
Luc Gilgemyn
Harelbeke - Belgium

Maggi Young

• Forum Dogsbody
  • Global Moderator
  • "There's often a clue"
    • International Rock Gardener e-magazine
« Reply #268 on: October 26, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »
Luc speaks for all of us... a very warm welcome to you, Pascal!
Margaret Young in Aberdeen, North East Scotland Zone 7 -ish!

Editor: International Rock Gardener e-magazine

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #269 on: October 27, 2007, 01:25:34 PM »
Welcome to the forum Pascal, I'm still fairly new here myself.  Look forward to seeing pics of your garden and plants when you can.
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal