We hope you have enjoyed the SRGC Forum. You can make a Paypal donation to the SRGC by clicking the above button

Author Topic: Let me introduce myself ...  (Read 156765 times)

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
Re: Let me introduce myself ...
« Reply #375 on: February 06, 2008, 09:44:46 AM »
Hi Roberto, welcome.  Love your part of the world, bet your camellias are starting to bloom right about now too.  Was tempted to buy one when I was there but didn't.  There seems to be a lot of growers in those parts.  Just a tip, could you put as a sig under your name where you garden, it helps when you are posting to the group to remind us, and for those who are even newer than you! Ciao
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
  • Gardening forever, house work.....whenever!
« Reply #376 on: February 06, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
A special welcome to Pat. You won't remember me Pat but we did meet at the NZIS convention in Tauranga, 2000. I remember talking to you on a bus, about your wonderful oncos and how you grow them in South Australia. Since that time, your name has come up many times when I've talked with others about arils.

Warm welcome too, to Roberto in Italy. What a wonderful place this is. How many countries are NOT represented here now?

Hans, your Iris pamphylica is a great treat for me to see. I've lost mine several years ago and can't replace it but in any case, I've not seen it in a garden before, just in pots. Yours looks very happy and healthy. Somewhere recently I read that it was no longer or very precariously in cultivation now. I hope whoever wrote that, sees yours looking so good
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

David Nicholson

• Hawkeye
  • Journal Access Group
  • Why can't I play like Clapton
« Reply #377 on: February 06, 2008, 08:15:25 PM »
Welcome to the Forum Roberto.
David Nicholson
in Devon, UK  Zone 9b
"Victims of satire who are overly defensive, who cry "foul" or just winge to high heaven, might take pause and consider what exactly it is that leaves them so sensitive, when they were happy with satire when they were on the side dishing it out"

Roberto Gamoletti

« Reply #378 on: February 07, 2008, 07:56:42 AM »
Dear Friends,
thank you very much for your warm welcome.

Pat, nice to to see you here; I have seen the photos of your wondeful oncos in the ASI publications.

Benvenuto is the right word, thank you Luc.

Chris, unfortunately I do not live in the lake district of Italy, I am little bit south  in the river Po valley but I have a few camellias in my garden and they are starting in flower now.

Roberto
Roberto Gamoletti from northern Italy

arillady

« Reply #379 on: February 07, 2008, 09:04:21 AM »
When I saw your photo Lesley  I did feel as though I remembered you from NZ. I might be speaking for the NZIS in 2009. I have indicated my willingness.
Roberto good to see you here too.

Pat Toolan,
Keyneton,
South Australia

Paddy Tobin

« Reply #380 on: February 07, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »
Pat and Roberto,

It's very good to have you with us.

What I find particularly and enjoyable about the forum is the opportunity to hear and see from people all around the world and so your contributions will certainly be welcomed.

Roberto, not too far from you: our most enjoyable holiday ever was at Sirmione on Lake Garda, absolutely wonderful place but then all Italians are such nice people.

Paddy
Paddy Tobin, Waterford, Ireland

https://anirishgardener.wordpress.com/

Hans A.

• bulb growing paradise
« Reply #381 on: February 07, 2008, 12:54:59 PM »

Hans, your Iris pamphylica is a great treat for me to see. I've lost mine several years ago and can't replace it

thanks - I hope to get some seeds. ;)
Hans - Balearic Islands/Spain
10a  -  140nn

ChrisB

• SRGC Subscription Secretary
« Reply #382 on: February 07, 2008, 08:04:48 PM »
Roberto,  good to know the camellias are coming on nicely.  The autumn flowering ones were in full bloom when we were there a year ago last October, and were just stunning.  I now have one in my garden, and will be looking to get another if I can find one here.  C. sasanqua is the one I fancy.  Took a wonderful picture of one whilst there.  I'm sure they must all look wonderful in spring.....
Chris Boulby
Northumberland, England

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #383 on: February 07, 2008, 08:20:48 PM »
Oh Hans, that's such a dangerous statement - "I hope to get some seeds." Remember me if you have 2 or 3 to spare. ;)
Lesley Cox - near Dunedin, lower east coast, South Island of New Zealand - Zone 9

Hans A.

• bulb growing paradise
« Reply #384 on: February 08, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
I hope to see in some years flowers of them with the southern alps in the background... ;)
10a  -  140nn

Lesley Cox

• way down south !
« Reply #385 on: February 09, 2008, 12:19:21 AM »
I hope to see in some years flowers of them with the southern alps in the background... ;)

Now that WOULD be something to see. :)

Paul T

• Our man in Canberra
  • Paul T.
« Reply #386 on: February 11, 2008, 01:10:58 AM »
Welcome everyone!!

Hans, that is a lovely Iris!!
Cheers.

Paul T.
Canberra, Australia.
Min winter temp -8 or -9°C. Max summer temp 40°C. Thankfully, maybe once or twice a year only.

Otto Fauser

• Bulb Legend
« Reply #387 on: February 13, 2008, 06:39:32 AM »
So nice to have you on the Forum Hans, such a friendly club, and we all learn
from each other, so herzlich willkommen !How lucky you are to grow and flower Iris pamphylica, your,s seems a paler colour to the one I grew many years ago-it was in 1969 when Martyn Rix collected it in Turkey and sent it to me,but it is no longer with me .I know my friend Lesley Cox in New Zealand
is on top of the list ,should there be a few seeds to go around, but may I add my name too ?
 Danke und Ciao
       Otto.
Collector of rare bulbs & alpines, east of Melbourne, 500m alt, temperate rain forest.

Hans A.

• bulb growing paradise
« Reply #388 on: February 13, 2008, 12:00:06 PM »
Hello Otto,
Thanks a lot for the friendly welcome to this wonderful forum  - yes you are right I think I will learn a lot here and I hope I also will be able to contribute somthing to the forum.
Otto, I cannot promise you seed of I. pamphylica at the moment  but looks not bad - your name is added. ;)
10a  -  140nn

Ulla Hansson

« Reply #389 on: March 06, 2008, 02:45:50 PM »
Hello.
My name is Ulla and I am from Sweden. I have read on this fantastic forum for the last year, and have learn a lot of thing, especially from Ian Young’s bulb log, thank you .
My English is not so good, it’s easier to read than writhe. I hope You can understand me.
Ulla

Ulla Hansson 45 kilometers east of Gothenburg

Scottish Rock Garden Club is a Charity registered with Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR): SC000942
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal